Most Important Daily Exercise

Body: 

Hello,
I am 31 years old, 11 weeks post partum from my first baby and have a cystocele and slight rectocele. I ordered the post partum bundle, and am a little overwhelmed with where to begin. Also, having an 11-week-old I don't have a lot of time for myself. I tried to search for this because I'm sure someone has asked it before, but other than the posture, what is the one most important thing I could do each day to keep my condition from getting worse, or maybe even actually improve it?

Hi Jeremiah and welcome,
The most important aspect of this work is really learning and maintaining the posture, that way your organs are always moving forward and into the lower belly where they belong. Everything else is just ways to coax and help form your body into the posture. If you have the postpartum bundle, then you have plenty to work from, but take your time; do what you can, or what looks fun to you.
If time is a factor and you are feeling especially symptomatic, get down on knees and forearms and do some belly rolls. Also learning to firebreath can be a great daily benefit.
Remember, you are only a few weeks into a 2 year healing period postpartum. The whole woman work will help you along in this process, and then beyond.

I also have a question about returning to work. I am a nurse at a busy unit in a hospital. Many of our patients require total care, and can be well over 3 times my body weight of 110 lbs. A gynecologist told me to avoid lifting much weight in order to avoid straining. As I'm considering whether to work a couple days a month or not at all, I'm concerned that turning and repositioning patients could make my prolapses worse. Would it be unwise to do a job that requires so much lifting at this time?

There have been some women that have come on here that were nurses also in a hospital, and recently had babies. From what they said, they were able to return to work without any problems. The thing with lifting is that you really have to be in strong whole woman posture when doing it.
I have to say though that I worked as an aid for years, and I know the speed and intensity at which patients need to be moved, especially the last few years patients were just getting bigger. I think a lot of that contributed to my prolapse in the first place. Truthfully, if I had a chance to go back and do that kind of work again, I wouldn't do it. What I did was fast paced and there was plenty of opportunity to fall out of posture.
But, if you can use the lifts as much as possible and really be mindful of how your body is feeling and moving, you should give it a try.