Rectocele

Body: 

I am 69. Have had 3 children and a partial hysterectomy when I was 36. I believe my problem started when I was lifting stuff too heavy for me. (Forgetting I am not as young as I used to be)just this summer . I did see my GP and she said it is the bowel filling up my vagina(I have no uterus). It does protrude sometimes more than others. Keeping my bowels loose helps. She said to do kegels (can't spell) . I am wondering , as all my muscles are pretty loose just from aging, it they will do any good. I am to see a gyn in the future when they can work me in. I am not sure about surgery so would like to try everything before that drastic measure. I was wondering about the kind of exercise and walking I should do, as I go to an exercise/walking group for people my age, but we can be very active. I can sympathize with all the. Women I have read about as I have similar physical problems. Who would have ever dreamed this could happen and probably be a lifestyle for most of us. So I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Hi Grandmaruth,
You have come to the right place.
Christine has released a video course on her work related to particularly women like you who have had hysterectomy procedures.

Christine's course is based on Whole Woman posture with is the fundamental part of her approach.
The alignment of our body and our internal organs is often misrepresented, so she explains our true structure and how it naturally works when in the correct posture.

This helps us with breathing, sitting, walking, how to toilet correctly, and then any other activity that we can adapt to suit our WW posture.
She also has got some exercises that you can add to help with augmenting the posture.

I have rectocele and found Christine's work when my quality of life was getting very challenging ( I had worsening prolapse & the further threat of multiple prolapses, the start of painful bone crunching hip dysfunction, knee pain and so many more issues), and now 4+ years later I am living proof that her approach works, from head to toe, internally and spiritually.

All the best,
Aussie Soul Sister

Yes, I agree, the new Post-hyst video course would be a great choice. Christine covers everything you need to know about how the surgeries have changed your body, and has helpful tips as well as gentle exercises that will help you along in this process.

Hello: Over 50 years after partial hysterectomy I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis. It certainly changed my life, but,using mix of alternative treatments, have managed to maintain to some degree.
Now a rectocele (which was seen some time ago) has become very evident.. am 76 years old and hoping for a good long bit of quality life still. Any input/advice out there? I am looking at both videos (for mature women and for post hysterectomy) Does a long ago hysterectomy qualify for the video?. The prolapse is dropping more now and has begun to interfere with bms. Any advice/ experience would be sooo welcome...with thanks

Hi Grandmaruth and Traveller - Christine's post-hysterectomy course is not yet available in the Whole Woman Store - but it would be very beneficial for you to start soaking up some information about this posture correction, because it is for every woman - with or without a uterus. This might be a good place to start:

https://www.wholewomanstore.com/Whole-Woman-Fundamentals--Posture-and-To...

After hyst (whether recent or not) your body has changed and you need to take a gentle approach to this posture correction - but it will help. You will be training the remaining organs to be be held forward in the lower belly and away from the vaginal space. Give it a try. - Surviving