Have Whole Women book, experiencing hip aches - do I need Save Your Hips?

Body: 

Hi All, I'm 49 and have had fairly severe prolapse issues since my daughter was born 7 years ago and general issues for most of my life (unknowingly). I found Christine's site and book and started doing exercises about 3 years ago to some success. But I became lazy in the last 18 months and have stopped doing the posture and exercises. I know, I know - I beat myself up over it as well.

I want to get back into doing the exercises and was going to purchase 1 or 2 of Christine's DVDs since I don't have any. I'm wondering if I need the Save Your Hips DVD since that seems to be more chronic lately than my prolapse issues.

Can any recommend a DVD? Also does the Save Your Hips book contain anything radically different from the Whole Woman book? Just wondering if I should get that one as well.

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome, Want Some Relief,

Well first of all, all WW exercises are designed to reinforce the natural structure and anatomy of the female pelvis. I often think of pulling bodies - like pieces of taffy - into their correct alignment with the WW work.

The First Aid for Prolapse dvd starts out with a beginning mat program that I still do every morning. However, it gets very intense in a dancy way, which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Lots of important info though.

The WWYoga series is very popular - all variations of challenging mat and standing programs. WWY1 is intense but very doable for someone your age and in good health. WWY2 is popular with postpartum mothers, who like a lot of the belly rolls and hip moves. WWY3 contains good demonstrations of firebreathing and WW running.

If you are experiencing chronic hip pain, which is extremely common, I definitely recommend the Save Your Hips book/dvd. The book will open your eyes to the astonishing story of our real pelvic anatomy, and how orthopedics has gotten it so tragically wrong.

After my mat exercises, I still do a variation of the standing program from Save Your Hips. This dvd also contains very valuable floor stretches that you won’t find anywhere else.

So, knowing little about you :-) my recommendation would be the Save Your Hips package, and one or more of the yoga series.

Just a reminder that only you can do this work. You can go to practitioners all day long, but in the final analysis you are the one who must bring mindfulness to how you live in your body from moment to moment each and every day.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Christine

Hi dear Want some relief,
All our physical issues are related to our posture, I have discovered since living as a WW!
Immediately upon adopting WWPosture, I experienced relief from the crunching pain of hip concussion which had begun.
After living in the posture for a while, I found that my hip still needed some attention and turned to the Hips DVD until I had healed, strengthened and balanced out my whole body.

I live my life in WW posture. I can do all of the other DVDs more easily, without hip and knee pain and learn to dance which I have never done before.

Wishing the same for you, and all the other ladies out there reading this,

Aussie Soul Sister

Hi Want Some Relief,
I found that with any body healing work is the little things that make the difference. Things like being mindful of and correcting your posture as often as possible throughout your day. I tend to fit in one or two of the exercises while I am waiting for the kettle to boil or dinner to cook, checking my posture every time I walk past my mirror and learning to fine tune my awareness on how I stand and do things. Persistence and patience will do it. All the best.

Hi Ladies, Thanks so much for your input. I was big into the posture and exercises for over a year and it helped. But work got busy, so did my school age children and we moved 1000 mis from home. So my diet and exercise routines got lower priority. I'm going to order the yoga DVDs for now and borrow the Saving Our Hips book and DVD from my aunt who I bought it for last year to try to encourage her to avoid hip surgery (she still opted for it unfortunately). If I like it, I'll buy my own. Appreciate all your support and wishing you continued good results!