Wow, thank you for this site.

Body: 

A short history about me.

October, 2015, I discovered I had a uterine prolapse, although I suspect it had been around for some time, perhaps helped on by hormonal changes due to reasonably early menopause - I was only 40 at the time, and am just turned 65 now.

I saw a Gynecologist who said "you need surgery". So I said "OK, then I want to go to the hospital where my husband had his surgery" and boy am I glad I did. After many tests and consultations they said "I wouldn't have surgery at this stage, your prolapse isn't really all that bad". "Yeah" I thought, "you are a man, you don't have to put up with this".

Anyway I decided to do a lot of reading, much of which was contradictory, and meanwhile I was getting more uncomfortable, and starting to think of surgery again.

Then I found this site - only a few days ago - and what I read there about post hysterectomy problems really scared me off the idea for good.

So, I now have some of the videos and the e-book (which I am having problems reading with my current e-book reader but my techy husband will soon sort that out), and am ready to start out on what I hope will be an incredible journey. I am sure I will have many, many questions along the way, but for now I would just like the answer to 2.

I have started practicing the Well Woman posture, and have immediately noticed that the downward pressure on the prolapse doesn't seem quite so bad, however is it normal when first adopting this posture to get lower back ache, or am I trying to hard?

During my many months of reading up on the subject I read that walking was an OK exercise, but not running. Something to do with low impact versus high impact exercise. However I am sure I read somewhere on here that running is an OK exercise - not that I am over keen to do much running as I do tend to suffer from stress incontinence when I do any form of running. Maybe someone can put me right on this?

That's it for now. I am sure you are all very busy with Christmas, or whatever other celebration you may be having, and wish you all well. I will look back here again in a few days.

Best wishes to all.

I am 67 and had a uterine prolapse about 6 weeks ago. Like you I think it has been happening for a while. I started with these and other exercise programs. There were times when things seemed to stay in place better and I was more comfortable. I had been hanging further out of my body and now I am just inside .
I tried the sponge and it took a few tries because it was so big and I had to keep cutting it down.
But it held me in place for 5 or 6 hours. And I felt so normal. I felt a bit irritated inside afterwards but that was the area that tore when I had the prolapse. So I have given it a week to repair before trying again.
I read about women trying tampons to hold things in . They used some lubricant for easy insertion. I found it uncomfortable and afterwards the lubricant made my vagina slippery so the uterus sat low for a few days.
Hopefully we will both improve and get back to our normal lives.
Best wishes to you.

Thank you for your comments. I haven't heard of the sponge before - what sort of sponge do you use?
On the subject of the whole woman posture I remembered seeing something from Christine about your posture being the same whether pregnant or not, so one of the ways I am "remembering to remember" is by remembering the way I walked when pregnant - although it is 33 years since I was last pregnant, so still took a while.
I have to say that in the few days I have been altering my posture I have noticed a marked improvement.
Have a good Holiday. I am taking a day off exercise for today only, but hope to start on the yoga from tomorrow.

Hi lovemydogs and welcome,
You have definitely come to the right place for prolapse issues. Christine's work covers all aspects and what we can do to make it better, as you have already been finding out. Just remember that is does take time to get back to our natural posture, especially if we are starting at an older age. Take it slowly, and yes a few aches and pains are not unusual, but don't force the posture; just relax the belly, breathing deeply into it and lift your chest.
You will find that you can do all sorts of activities once you get the posture down, even running. Christine actually has a running video! Great stuff!