New here and need your advice please.. exercise program

Body: 

Hi ladies, I'm over 40, 4 months postpartum with rectocele, cystocele, and an old diastasis recti. I bought the WW Fundamentals dvd but can't keep the posture for long – when I take a walk and keep the posture everything feels so much better, but my back and hip ache..
So I guess I should start exercise to help my body keep the posture, but I'm not sure which program should I begin with – The Prolapse First Aid, the WWYoga dvd, the Hips dvd, or the program for d.r.(restore your godess belly)? or a different one?...
Thank you so much! you give me so much hope and encouragement through these forums and site.

Hi old and young mom and welcome,
You are going to find that the posture isn't going to come that quickly, and forcing it only creates more pain which isn't good either. It takes time to reshape our bodies back into the natural form we had as children.
Relaxed belly and lifting up in the chest as well as deep belly breathing can go a long way. I know I did have some aches and pains at first, but I also tried to force it too soon. I took the advice of relaxing into it more seriously after that.
First Aid for Prolapse is a great DVD with wonderful daily living advice as well a set of exercises that can help strengthen and stretching the body into posture. And, don't give up that ww walking. I really learned to maintain my posture principles that way.
So, time and patience really is the key to all this, and well worth the effort.

This is really a warm welcome. I do feel that I'm trying to force it... and that I need to hear these kind of wards and work patiently... relaxing into it sounds like the right thing to do!

What about hemorrhoids? Any chance that will improve when I'll get used to the WW posture and toileting? Is it ok to try the WW toileting if I have it? I can't lift myself yet, and I wonder if trying to learn the toileting skills without lifting myself yet is ok… thank you so much again.

Yea, hemorrhoids suck, so it is especially important not to strain against the toilet seat while having a bowel movement. I used to start in a standing half squat and then lower down to the seat insuring that my pelvic organs were well shifted into the lower belly. That helped while gaining strength for good toileting posture, and you can also just tip slightly forward too.
Try some witch hazel for those hemorrhoids, and some nice soaking baths with Epsom salts. That is so soothing on hemorrhoids and prolapse.

Thank you for all your support! I bought the First Aid for Prolapse video and was so excited I couldn't sleep.. I can't believe that I can dance and that it will help my pop. I loved to dance as a young woman and stopped when I found my d.r over 10 years ago.

If you want to learn more about the diastasis recti, the Goddess Belly would be a great place to look. Christine explains it very thoroughly and has a wonderful set of exercises with this in mind.

Thank you Aging, so much! I feel so much better, it's unbelievable... my huge d.r improves a lot, and I'm almost symptoms free. Thank you Christine! And thank you all forum members, for your wisdom!