Will the exercises help me?

Body: 

Hi

Am new to this forum - I am probably over 10 years too late I am thinking after reading many posts!! I have many issues and too many unnecessary surgeries by the sounds of it. Not sure where to start.

I had a hysterectomy a little over 10 years ago (virginal not cut) due to a cervical prolapse. I still have my ovaries. I am now 58 years old. Not long before my hysterectomy I also was diagnosed by biopsy as having Lichen Sclerosis - I manage this with a cortisone ointment when I need it - I do this as I have been told it can turn cancerous if I don't manage it.

In August last year I had another surgery for bladder, bowel and vagina prolapse. The dr did not use mesh - relies on scar tissue to build "strength" in the vagina walls. I also am currently waiting on results from another biopsy for another skin condition that has developed in the area. Drs say both skin conditions are auto immune diseases. Pretty sore and uncomfortable at the moment.

My main question: As I have had two prolapse surgeries - will the WW exercises help someone like me?

I am also not sure what to do about my Lichen Sclerosis and this other skin condition (looks like very red areas and causes such discomfort externally sometimes I can't wee without pain (especially at the moment due to the biopsy)

I feel like I am in such a mess and I don't know where to start.....

Thanks so much.

Hi razzie and welcome to WW. First I do want to clarify that this isn't primarily an exercise program. It is a return to natural female posture which aims to restore lower lumbar curvature and allow the organs to be held forward in the lower belly, away from the vaginal space. With your surgical history it is very hard to say what your results might be. You can learn the posture but need to be very careful regarding the exercises. If you get down on hands and knees, do the organs rest comfortably in the lower belly giving you relief from prolapse symptoms? This is the dynamic we want to maintain when we are upright, so, try it.

Christine has written much on the topic of LS and the effectiveness of using raw local honey in the vagina to restore balance and comfort to the tissues. Use the search box above to find these posts - we will help you with that. Use of steroids is dangerous and doesn't address the issue.

I believe that Christine could really help you get some direction in dealing with these issues; I would recommend a consult.

Autoimmunity is outside the scope of this forum, but it is something I've been living and breathing for two years now. The last decade (and especially the last few years) have brought an explosion of studies and good writings by functional practitioners in all fields, addressing all aspects of diet and lifestyle in managing autoimmunity and quieting down the body's attack on itself. Do some research on that. - Surviving

Thank you Surviving
I appreciate all that. I will consider contacting Christine for a consultation.
Cheers, razzie