Rectocele

Body: 

I recently lost over 100 pounds in a little less than 7 months switching to a Raw vegan diet. While everything else is feeling so much better, I immediately Developed symptoms of a rectocele.
At least That is what I assume it is. Severe pain during a bowel movement that usually takes at least an hour to pass and often accompanied by a lot of bleeding. It feels like my rectum is protruding out several inches during these bowel moments when I feel down there like a hyernia.. I usually circle the area with coconut oil to try and help get it out and not split my skin open or soak in a hot bath and just try to have a movement in the tub. It never ceases to amaze me when I finally do have a bowel movement how small it actually is because when it is coming out it feels like the head of a baby! I also always assume it is going to be hard but it is always soft. The only way I have been managing is either water fasting for several weeks at a time and then trying to introduce soft foods or just liquids. When I do have a bowel movement I'm usually in a lot of pain for several hours afterwards as well. When I am fasting and not having bowel movements I am in no pain.

So since I am not constipated and eat a healthy mostly raw vegan diet I think my issue is something I heard in "The whole woman program" I purchased. She was saying that with rapid weight loss there are two "flaps" of skin on either side of the rectum that can dissolve too quickly and cause problems.

So here's my question… Will the proper posture as well as the exercises fix this particular problem as it would a "normal" rectocele that is due to pelvic floor prolapse? .I did not have these symptoms before the weight loss. I am going to do the program anyway because I know it is a great program, however I just want to know if it's realistic to expect the program to help with my particular issue. And Is there anything else I can do to speed relief. I am currently on my third 30 day water fast because the bowel movements are interfering with my life so drastically I would have to quit my job if I continue having bowel movements right now. Usually end up having to have an enema to get any bowel movement out at this point. Each time I go back to eating slowly I'm always hoping the problem will not return. Strangely enough it comes on slowly the first couple of days when I resume eating and seems fine and then each day afterwards gets worse and worse. After I stop having movements all together this time I'm going to attempt to juice and drink other liquids like homemade almond milk etc. since I do not think it's healthy to continue not eating at all.
Any help or thoughts so appreciated !!!!!

And will regular enemas strengthen these "flaps"? And will the lack of movements weaken them ?

Thank you so much for your time and any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

Everything you are doing sounds a bit extreme, Living Angel. There always seems to be be consequences to fast weight loss, and the symptoms of rectocele very likely could be just that. You may have already had one and it made itself more evident after the quick weight loss. Not sure about the flaps. You may want to book a consult with Christine for more information and how to proceed.

I am hoping to find an answer about what she was referring to in the recent course I purchased from her about the flaps of skin dissolving too quickly. Hoping that can be corrected with the whole woman approach. Don't see any other options. It has been over 6months since the weight loss if it were going to correct on its own I thought it would have by now. I just started the whole woman approach so want to give it some time. In the meantime, I ordered a really good enema bag with a small tip nozzle and that has helped tremendously! I have to give Myself one morning and night. But at least can eat again now!!!!! I was only not eating because the pain was debilitating and was going to lose my job!

It's true that rapid weight loss can at least temporarily worsen prolapse symptoms, but over time with the postural work, things should start to move more towards proper alignment. Women often assume that being overweight worsens symptoms, but in correct posture, extra weight-loading from above actually increases the dynamics of pelvic organ support.

Raw foods are healthy but not the most easily digested. Rather than fasting that much, consider cooking/steaming your veggies. And adding some fermented foods if you don't already include them. - Surviving

Thanks was some great info to think about! I will definitely try steaming some veggies and I do a lot of fermented foods already as well as probiotic supplements and enzymes to help digest the food I do eat. Bring a lot of blended Raw soups to try to keep things soft and loose.

Should I start weightlifting? Using basic weights in a standing whole woman position not fancy equipment?

Is there any particular reason why you think weight-lifting is a good idea right now? I'd skip the heavy exercise until you have really mastered the posture principles. Work on posture and your digestive issues for now. Posture walking, and the WW workout you have, will give you plenty to work with, and maybe you'll want to pick up a WW yoga video or two for some variety. When all this becomes more like second nature, you'll be in a better position to judge any and every potential activity and tweak body positions if necessary.

Christine does discuss the loss of the two fat pads, "rectal pillars" providing support on either side of the rectum, that can sometimes dissolve away too quickly in the case of rapid weight loss, and worsen rectocele symptoms. You can stabilize/reverse this over time with posture. - Surviving

Just thinking through what the one person Before you said about " Extra weight loading from above increasing the dynamics of pelvic organ support " I was just wondering if weight bearing while in proper posture might be helpful to getting myself back in proper alignment since the weight loss caused it? I'm just excited to know that the whole woman process will work for me also! That was the main thing :-) I'm assuming the whole woman walking is a barefoot exercise when possible ?

You should review module 5 of your video course for information about safe lifting. If you are in good WW posture and carrying the load close to your body, then indeed you should be experiencing that dynamic where the extra weight actually helps keep the vagina closed off against the encroaching organs. Barefoot or minimal shoes are best for walking - a lot depends on your walking surface of course. I can't walk barefoot outside anywhere near where I live - the soles of my feet just aren't that tough and the pavement isn't that friendly. - Surviving