WW POSTURE & Mainstream advice...

Body: 

Dear All,
I made an observation recently while reading some of my host's alternative natural remedy books while away.
Some of the advice was interesting, however I came across posture advice...... The test was to stand against a flat wall and make sure that there was NO gap between the wall and my body, touted as correct posture...

Now home, I decided to try just that and my body will not flatten against the door without pulling in my stomach hard, & bending myself into a C shape! It feels impossible now to do and to imagine that it was my posture 5 years ago is frightening!

After almost five years with Whole Woman, my posture has changed markedly for the better.
It is still not perfect but I am reassured that I have made great progress...

I urge everyone new or not so new to the Whole Woman journey to persevere.....the rewards are beyond our imagination...

Best Wishes,
Aussie Soul Sister

Forum:

Wow - I can't even achieve that, no matter how I contort my body or flatten out my lumbar curvature. I wonder if the advice was intended for men. Not that men should stand this way either, however they do have less lumbar curvature than women (and usually less of a butt!).

I continue to be amazed at how much bad (and harmful!) information is floating around out there, disguised as good advice from supposedly reliable trusted sources. What an uphill battle it is, to open women's eyes to the truth about their bodies, when we are still fighting these huge misconceptions that just won't go away.

I'm so glad to be here and so grateful to WW, and to all of you who have contributed your experiences to this Forum. If we save one woman today, it is a day well-spent. - Surviving