Weightlifting with rectocele

Body: 

Does anyone have any experience of managing a large rectocele and still weightlifting

Forum:

Hi Strongandpowerful,
Have you been lifting in whole woman posture? Once you learn to hold your body in the correct position, you can do many things including lifting. Have a good look around this site to find out more about what whole woman is about, and then go to the whole woman store where you will find the many products to help you on your way.

You might also want to put weightlifting into the search box up above left, where you will bring up numerous discussion threads and might find something of interest. - Surviving

Hi Strongandpowerful,

I don't know how much weight you're referring to (I suspect a lot from your username), but I would recommend against continuing significant weight lifting with any prolapse unless you can do it from a seated position and in correct posture. I lift lighter weights and do some lighter kettlebell work while sitting in a sturdy upright chair that keeps my thighs at a perfect 90 degree angle to the floor. I keep my feet firmly on the floor too while using weights. I too have a significant rectocele as well as a prolapse of just about everything in my pelvic area due to a hysterectomy. I am very careful about how I lift anything. Be careful.