a question about shoulders

Body: 

So I understand that in the posture the shoulders should be down rather than rolled forwards or backwards but does that mean i should be actively pushing them down? Or is it just that they shouldn't be held forwards or backwards? Does that make sense?

Forum:

Hi Variable. You don't need to push them down, just relax them and try to be conscious that they are not pushed back or rolled forward. I myself am a good example of this. My posture was awful for decades, and when I began with WW posture, I had a natural tendency to roll them forward. In my efforts not to push them back, they were still rolled forward. This was pointed out to me by Christine at the conference a few years back (and I had noticed it myself in a candid side-view photo taken of me at an office luncheon). The solution for me, was to remember to "open my chest" and, in my case, because the natural tendency to roll forward was so strong, actually had to tell myself to hold them back a little to compensate. So...the answer to this may depend on what natural tendencies/remnants of bad posture you yourself may be dealing with. - Surviving

HI, I have a posture question. I have been practicing WW posture for about 2 weeks. When I lift my chest up it feels as though my stomach is being sucked in. Is this what is supposed to happen? I also have RA in my feet and spine plus prolapse, the posture and exercises are helping. Thank you.

Hi Bellaluce,
It may just be that you are not used to fulling extending your torso, giving the feeling of sucking in, but in reality just stretching out. We have spend so much time rolling in on ourselves, we are not used to how it feels to be in our natural posture.
As long as you are continuing to relax your belly, you should be fine. Just keep working on those posture principles, because they all have a part to play in gaining and maintaining whole woman posture.