Cancer Diagnosis

Body: 

I was recently diagnosed with Uterine cancer and was told I need a full hysterectomy. What really concerns me is that I also have a rectocele and am worried that after the hysterectomy that the rectocele will fall out. Does anyone have any experience with this?

babyblue,
I am so sorry for your troubles, but it really wouldn't be our place to give you advice on this. You may want to book a consult with Christine as she may have more insight into this than we would.

Hi babyblue - I would agree it might be wise to book a consult to discuss how you might best prepare yourself to deal with your upcoming surgery. Specifically, what to discuss with your surgeon. If you have been working on WW posture, you will want to continue this, with care and some caveats depending on what procedure(s) are done. The more vaginal length can be preserved, the greater the chances the vagina will still be able to close and flatten to keep the other organs out of that space....especially if you have been training yourself with posture to hold the organs forward. Talk to Christine. And best of luck to you! - Surviving