Which program is most suitable?

Body: 

Please help, 

I am nearly 6 weeks postpartum, second baby, and have a stage 2 cystocele which is right at the opening of my vagina. I see a physio, have a Tens machine, do kegal exercises, wear a pessary and try and lie flat to maximise the recoil of the fascia of my organs. I pretty much live a horrible existence at the moment as I'm afraid any kind of straining, lifting, pushing, yelling will make it a stage 3 where it will actually fall out of my vagina. Which is making the whole 'enjoy your newborn' stage pretty devastating.

I'm also very depressed about it as prior to delivering this baby, I was quite fit doing high impact exercise and worried I will never return to that level of exercise again which is what I enjoy and keeps me sane.

I have stumbled across this site, in my search for help, which seems to imply that all of the activities I'm doing to prevent full prolapse are potentially making my prolapse worse. However I do find some relief lying flat for a while and contracting my pelvic floor. 

Also reading the available information, I seem to understand that a lot of these problems are related to incorrect posture and an overcorrection of the natural curve of the spine. 

I am keen to try this program as I'm desperate to not have surgery to repair it but I have some questions that I need help with first and hoping that some of you already doing the program can help.

1) I can not afford the $400 program. Reading other people's post, relief seems to come from fire breathing and posture. Which program can I purchase that address these two exercises and anything else that is essential to my recovery like diet, exercise etc? I notice there is a program for women of child bearing age, but I am finished having children and not sure that everything I need for recovery is in that package.

2) I have quite a natural sway in my lower spine. That is, my bottom sticks out because of the outward curve of my spine. So this being the case, how did I and up with a prolapse if my organs should be pushed forward given that curve in my spine? If I'm understanding the science correctly, our organs are prolapsing because we are taught to tuck our bottoms under and stand straight but I almost have the opposite problem where my bottom stocks out.

3) How many of you have been successful in reducing your symptoms and returning to high impact exercise? And which program did you buy?

Hi Mother of two and welcome. I would agree that your current regimen isn't helping. I would start by ditching the pessary, because if you're wearing it, and you are still so symptomatic, then it isn't even doing the job for which it was designed. At the same time, it is more than likely aggravating things, because most pessary designs are holding the vagina open, which is the opposite of what you want to have happening. Wearing a pessary at 6 weeks post-partum seems particularly misguided to me.

Once you have mastered posture and the other tools Christine teaches, you can pretty much do whatever you want. You just may need to tweak some things. Running and jumping (particularly on toes) are especially good for prolapse if done correctly. What you'll be eliminating, are those ab-busting "core" exercises, and anything that stresses the organs at an obtuse body angle. It really does become natural and intuitive over time. Your symptoms will guide you (which is another reason to get rid of the pessary, which interferes with your body telling your brain what to do!).

Lying down flat doesn't do much. When you are feeling especially symptomatic, try instead getting down on hands and knees and just letting things settle into the belly. This is the dynamic that we try to preserve when upright. We don't actually stick our bottoms out. If you relax the lower belly, and lift your chest strongly, the degree of lumbar curvature will take care of itself. Christine has written of how the natural female lumbar curve is distinguished from a sway back.

I would just recommend a starter bundle for you. If even that is more than you can spend, then get First Aid for Prolapse. I worked just from the book, Saving the Whole Woman, for my entire first year, then purchased FAFP because i wanted more visuals and explanation of fire-breathing (which is covered in the book). But keep in mind, back when I started, that's all there was. Today, the choices are overwhelming. Good luck! You'll be fine. - Surviving