My 6 month post partum journey

Body: 

Hi all, i just wanted to share this story of my first 6 months post partum after my 4th baby as i think it will give a lot of hope for post partum mums worried about their prolapse.
I am generally super healthy as i eat a vegan diet and i am very aware of what i put in my body. I am 29 years old and have had 4 babies
2005, boy weighing 6lbs 7oz. Natural birth, no complications.
2012, girl weighing 7lbs 11oz. Natural birth, no complications.
2014, girl weighing 7lbs 7oz. Natural birth, no complications.
2016, boy weighing 8lbs 9oz. Natural birth, no complications, at the time.

I know now that they are not recommended but i have done kegals religiously since i fell pregnant at 16 and thought that was the reason my vagina bounced back almost immedietly after each birth and the reason i never tore.
So about a week after giving birth in Dec 2016 i noticed a 'heaviness' down there. I knew something wasn't right but i was so scared to look or feel. I think it took another week before i looked and felt. When i did look, i didn't know what looked 'normal' as i had never looked down there before which didn't help. I could see what i thought was a prolapse from all my research. I felt it and it felt like a bulge on the front wall that i could push up slightly but immedietly would drop back down. I was such a wreck on a major emotional roller coaster. One minute i was telling myself i was over reacting and the next i thought my insides were going to drop out! I tried to pull myself together for the kids and it was so hard to put on a brave face. On Christmas day i had a breakdown and rang my mum to take me to the hospital as i really thought my prolapse was getting lower and lower. I felt awful on the kids leaving them on Christmas day but i felt i needed to go and get some sort of operation asap! After an hour wait in the hospital i was examined, lying down, and told i had a very slight uterine prolapse that will go back with rest. I was so happy and rushed back to the kids for the rest of the Christmas day. But hours later i was back to feeling depressed and wondered if the doctor misdiagnosed me . I researched and found that a lot of women are misdiagnosed because when lying down, prolapse reverts back to its proper place... I was back to crying in the bathroom thinking my life as i knew it was over. I tried to rest as much as possible but as every mum knows, no one can do the house and look after the kids as well as you can, so i was not wanting to be lying on the sofa or bed most of the time.
I took to google to help me and that is when i found the Whole Woman website which was my saving grace. Thanks to you guys it made me calmer about my prolapse. I started on my posture as i did have bad posture growing up so i knew that it made sense to be the cause of my prolapse. I bought dr christophers complete tissue and bone repair and his female reproductive formula. I had a tsp of vitamin c twice a day, i had spirulina, diatomacious earth food grade, molases, coconut water everyday to help repair what was damaged. The biggest impact on my recovery was a quantum healing session i had with the amazing Chris Kehler. Look up his work on Youtube. He is my real life Angel!! I think it took about 4 months before i stopped feeling like my insides were going to drop out. Then i had the odd bad day and now 6 months post partum i feel 95% better!! I am not restricted in anything i do. I am on my feet from 6am until 11pm and if i go on a night out, which i never thought i would do again, then i will dance all night with no worry. I am now a single mum of 4 and run a business with my mum and i feel great! Forgot to add in my first time i had sex again as i was so worried. It was absolutley fine. No pain and the next morning was my first best day! It must have helped push the prolapse back in place. I wrote this for the woman who have just given birth. I hope this helps xx

Hello Portuguese_iris and welcome to Whole Woman,
Yes, our bodies have this amazing ability to heal themselves, especially postpartum which can take up to two years. A clean diet is also very important in this healing process as well as positive thought and practices.
You mention that you are working on the posture, but can you tell us more about what your experiences have been with the whole woman work?

p.s. You need to get permission as per the forum guidelines to reference other websites. Here are the guidelines:

http://www.wholewoman.com/forum/disclaimer.html