Kidney blockage due to pop

Body: 

I am facing a kidney shutdown due to the kidney's holding fluid. The doctor believes this is due to the stage 4 prolapse that I have. Although he felt in the past that the prolapse was not affecting the kidneys and bladder, the CT scan is showing a different picture. I am looking at having to have surgery sooner rather than later in the hope of saving my kidneys. I currently have a bladder infection that has to be cultured and then taken care of before further investigation can be made of what is causing the issue for sure. Unfortunately my kidney function has been declining for at least two years but the PA that I see did not notice it. If anyone else has had this issue I would appreciate hearing from you. Needless to say I am scared. Thanks to anyone who has had to deal with something like this. Cinder60

Hi Cinder - you have been posting on this forum for a number of years. This time you've posted in the Hysterectomy forum though I'm not aware that you have had hyst, or is that the surgery you are considering? Our standard suggestions for anyone having trouble peeing due to prolapse, would be to immerse oneself in WW posture and practices, including toileting, and if necessary to get down on all fours and pee in the shower if that's what it takes for the prolapse to get out of the way so you can empty. In your case I don't think you've ever had much luck understanding WW posture, so perhaps you are beyond the point where anyone on this forum can make a suggestion........certainly not if you are looking at possible kidney failure. We aren't medical folks here, and I would strongly suggest a consult with Christine before you go under the knife for whatever procedure you're considering. - Surviving

Cinder I have no advice or solutions but I heard the fear in your post and just wanted to tell you that I hope for a good outcome for you and that you find solutions from your doctor for your kidneys. Wishing you all the best.

Hi, Cinder60
I’d like to share my story with you. I have POP (bladder and uterus) and kidney blockage. I chose my way to fight with kidney blockage, not doctors way.
I refused to go for CT scan, because it not to safe (my opinion). I went only for U-Sound (couple times) and X-Ray. And also I was taking (drinking) baking soda. Before taking soda my kidney was thick on middle, after soda – went back in normal size. I don’t have any more that feeling that I have hard ball, growing and pushing from inside. In September I’ll go for U-Sound again. Sorry for my English (second language).