Body: 

Hi everyone,
After much searching I've finally found this site! I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my second child. I don't know for certain because I haven't seen a doctor about it yet but I believe I'm developing a prolapse just in the past 2 weeks or so. When I go to the bathroom I feel a bulge at the opening and surrounding area of my vagina. I don't know that anything is coming out or if it's the sides of my vaginal walls pressing downwards. I can also feel the heaviness of it when I squat low, and sometimes get lower abdominal discomfort. I don't think it's severe at this point but I'm worried that with the increasing weight of my uterus it will only get worse. I'm planning on having a natural home birth like I did with my first child but I'm worried about the birth process now..will pushing make things much worse?? I fear that it will make all of my insides come out!! I don't really know where to start as I see that this site has so many different resources. Does anyone have experience with pregnancy induced prolapse? I never had any issues after my first child was born..this is all new!!

Hi mama444 and welcome to Whole Woman. What you're experiencing is common and need not be a cause for concern. Every pregnancy/birth is different and has the potential to bring new changes to the body. If there is a prolapse there, it is likely to just move up and out of the way for the birth. A gentle home birth in a natural position (meaning, not flat on your back) and with minimal interventions, is certainly the best plan.

Prolapse commonly manifests itself in the weeks following the birth, so this would be a good time to become familiar with WW posture concepts. The pregnant body, with the organs held forward over the pubic bones, held in place by gravity and a beautiful lower lumbar curvature, is actually the ideal dynamic that we want to preserve for all time. WW posture is really just a return to that female shape that we all had as children, before society taught us to pull in our abs and tuck our butts.

The post-partum healing period is a great time to begin this work. You can set yourself up for a lifetime of pelvic and hip health. Watch this:

https://wholewoman.com/newpages/video/ww101.html

Good luck as you prepare for the birth of your babe! - Surviving