Nauli after c section

Body: 

Hello, I wrote a post a few days ago and it seems to have disappeared. Just wondering if anyone has experience of doing nauli after a c section? I had one 4 months ago & am eager to get back to my exercises. Also, can anyone help me with the firebreathing exercise? I feel it is not helping me in the way it should & I am maybe doing it wrong? Any pointers! Thank you

Hi C bell - yes, basically everything that was posted on July 7th was lost. There was a server problem that night, and the previous night's backup was used to bring the Forum back up.

I do not know the answer to your nauli question.....if you are 4 months out from a c-section then of course you should take care, though I suspect that if something feels OK, it probably is. That being said, that's more of a medical question that I'm not qualified to answer, though someone else here might be able to.

The best way to learn firebreathing, I think, is a combination of the book and FAFP dvd. Just study the explanations and practice practice practice. That's what I had to do. FB was not intuitive for me. I kept having to stop myself from doing the breathing backwards. I guess that proves that I was more of a chest breather than a belly breather, which after all, is a fundamental part of the whole prolapse thing! In any event, there is no way for us to know if you are doing it correctly or not. That would require a practitioner session (in person or Skype). - Surviving

Thanks surviving. I try to do the fire breathing in cat/cow. Lifting tailbone & relax belly on an in breath & bring belly to spine on an out breath like explained but it feels like I'm squishing the organs further back. Frustrating. Maybe it's psychological as I feel like any move where your belly is drawn in would cause damage? To be honest, this early postpartum anything I do to try and help doesn't feel good.

Hi C bell - can you tell us if there is more to this story? I read back on your older posts and last year at this time you had decided to go for surgery on rectal issues. - Surviving

I have not had surgery as I wanted another baby, which I've now had via c section. I really would like to avoid surgery & am trying my hardest to get better naturally. My issues are severe so I don't know what the future holds for me. I am waiting at least a year before I make any sort of decision. It's hard & I am very depressed about the whole situation but just plodding on (in posture) with it all

Since you are only 4 months out from a c-section and have other complications affecting the pelvic organs, I am not qualified to give an opinion on whether or not nauli/firebreathing is a good idea, especially if it does not feel right to you. No one on this forum can really do that, with the exception of Christine, so you may want to schedule a consult. No one knows your body as well as you do. - Surviving

I may have an intysseption. Could i mail you. Am also wanting a 3rd babe curious about your experiences.
Thanks

Mamama - If you have intussusception, you can use the search box up above and on the WW home page to look for articles and discussions. If you are looking for a personal consult with Christine, you can go to the WW Store, or contact Lanny in Customer Service for assistance (see the Contact Us tab up above). - Surviving