Yoga with a Chair helping WW Posture

Body: 

Hello everyone, I have been visiting this site for a while now and have been doing the WW posture for 3 weeks and I am loving how much better my body feels. The friend who showed me WW has recently tried a new type of yoga that she says helps her maintain WW posture, and I was wondering if anyone else had experience doing this. She even told me that their is a special chari you can buy to help with the yoga moves, and using that helped her finish the yoga session while still keeping posture. If anyone has some insight on this please let me know, or if you can suggest where to get this wonderful kind of chair then please send me a link :)

I just got the Save my Hips DVD and was super excited to do the chair exercises until I realized that none of the chairs in my house have a big enough back. Luckily, I had already been expecting something like this to happen so I had already looked at the yoga chairs available on https://www.for-sale.ie/yoga-chair and had one sent to my house, I was hoping that the chair would arrive the same day as the DVD but oh well :) Thanks again for the information ladies.

Forum:

Whole Woman has its own series of Yoga videos, which does not come with a special chair, so it seems your friend is talking about something else. And we have no way of knowing what that something else is. I would recommend you work on WW posture yourself, from the information and materials available here. Your friend may have gotten you started, but I'm not sure how qualified she is, or if she is going to take you as far as you may need to go with this work. - Surviving

Hi DeityDani,
While Whole Woman Posture is the foundation to Christine's approach, she does have very versatile Yoga DVDs with a section of chair exercises on the Save Your Hips DVD.

Many of those exercises above are done on the floor and others can be done standing, sitting or lying on a mat in Christine's range of exercise DVDs .

Christine's approach to posture, breathing and exercise positions which support the internal organs, increase strength so prop support is needed much less,( because great balance is crucial for healthy longevity), are not taken into account with other exercise programs.

Take some more time to fully understand her posture and protective exercises and then you will be well equipped to decide whether something is posture friendly or not.
There may be similarities at first glance, however I have been doing this long enough to see differences almost immediately, therefore I have stuck to Christine's exercises.
After looking around and researching, I have found companionship in group exercise where I can be in WW posture learning Royal Scottish Country Dancing. I would not have been physically able to do this without Christine's healing work.

Welcome to your WW journey,
Wishing you all the best and let us know how you are going,

Aussie Soul Sister

Thank you Aussie Soul Sister, I do not have that DVD but I am ordering it now!

Hi, I used this DVD to help further heal hip instability,which the posture had helped stop bone concussion immediately, however I love it so much because the chair exercises for the upper body really strengthened my torso, arms, and neck. looking around while driving,standing without fatigue or back pain, lifting laundry baskets, pots and pans and shopping bags, sitting and so much more, are all so much easier...I can do the floor exercises/ sitting positions like on my feet with knees under - couldn't do that before...

Next there is a standing foot exercise section where using the back of your sturdy high backed chair is useful until you have enough balance to do the foot lifts/ plies etc without it.
I never dreamed that I would have the strength and balance to do these foot exercises anywhere I am and be able to do them using the baton in what Christine has named Full Human Extension....I love how strong my feet and toes are now!
If you work up to the box exercises you need something to hold onto and I had to carefully improvise a bit, however Christine has beautiful portable ballet bars and wooden boxes in her store.

I have done them on a gym box next to a wall and turned around to do the other hip. I wanted to do the WW chair,floor and box exercises, when at the gym with mum so that people saw another way to be fit....
The first aid for prolapse is also important for the background to whole woman and has a dictionary of movements like feet position and so much more, to help with the exercises and dance. I have them all now and can do them and more with my hips like new.

I hope this helps,
All the best,
Aussie Soul Sister

Wow, I am glad so have had such amazing results. I am eagerly waiting the arrival of the Save Your Hips DVD so that hopefully I can start getting results that good as well. Once it arrives I will be able to see how far I can go for now, and what I need to help myself. Thank you so much :)