belly breathing/ diaphragm

Body: 

Last night I was sleeping with my baby and felt his tummy rise a lot with each breath, I realized I breathe from my chest and it is very hard to not while upright, I am having trouble relaxing the belly - breathing through diaphragm/ belly. Anyone have tips or resources?

Also are squats good or bad (if keeping lumbar curve)?

Forum:

Many of us are indeed chest breathers, which helped get us into this predicament in the first place...we have reversed our natural breathing in an effort to keep our bellies pulled in. It was the biggest mental block for me initially. I know of no other way than pure mindfulness. Others may have suggestions.

Squats are OK if you have built yourself up to a strong WW posture, but, for many of us especially in the early days, it is not that easy of a position in which to retain posture. - Surviving

Christine shows us her versions of squatting in some of her videos. It is done on toes so not to lose the lumbar curvature. Other examples of squatting that I have seen are tried with flat feet which makes you lose your lumbar curvature.