My sister scheduled a hysterectomy

Body: 

Wondering how Christinine and her faithful followers would advise me in the following situation. My dear sister (age 62) has scheduled an appointment with a urogynecologist to have a vaginal hysterectomy performed with a possible bladder sling in October. She says it's necessary because of a cystocele and problems she has with voiding. As a believer in Christines research and work in this area, I hate to see my sister go this route. The matter is even more complicated because my sister is married to a gynecologist. I want to be supportive of my sister as we age and manage health issues but am uncertain how to introduce her to Christine's and others research in preserving the Whole Woman. I am afraid she would interpret any advise I give her as "hokey" and unsupportive of the personal decisions she is making. Any advice out there? Thank you.

That video is powerful. I had no idea about the things she talks about. I come from a long line of "fragile" women and expect to be told eventually that I need a hysterectomy. Every single woman in my family has had them. Everyone should watch this video and inform themselves. Thank you Surviving.

I agree Mililarymom and her book "The H Word" should be read by everyone considering hysterectomy. Here is the interview:

https://wholewoman.com/newpages/video/coffey.html

You might consider purchasing Christine's Saving the Post-Hyst Woman program for your sister. She provides a great deal of information about the issues and risks associated with hysterectomy. That alone may be enough to deter your sis, but if she decides to go ahead with it anyway, the program will be helpful for her. The important thing is that she will be going in fully informed. That is the part that is missing in most of the hysterectomies being performed these days. By doing this, you will be showing your support no matter what she decides to do. - Surviving

Hi, my advice would be a big no no. I have had a sever 3 way prolapse for 16 years i had a hysto 4 years ago, felt great after recovery, everything worked again for 3 and a half years, now im back where i was but a lot less better off. Tell her from me to educate herself first, i know you just want to feel normal again but it didnt work for me. If i had found this page 4 years ago i would neber of had surgery, and even for me now, post hysto, this stuff if WORKING.