Thyroid function and prolapse symptoms

Body: 

Hello! Was wondering if anyone has insight on the function of thyroid hormone levels and the impact on prolapse symptoms? I was diagnosed with post-partum thyroiditis...in addition to prolapse, yay me... I am no in the hypothyroid phase of the thyroiditis and have noticed my bulging seems worse. It honestly wasn't very noticeable during my hyperthyroid phase. I've been trying to focus on Whole Woman posture but still feel I notice the bulge a bit more and it seems to correlate with when my thyroid went from hyper to hypo. Any thoughts?

Hi ActiveOne. Virtually all women experience changes in their symptoms with the fluctuation of their hormone levels (i.e., worst when period is approaching) so it would not surprise me at all to hear that thyroid issues can have an impact. And if it's a PP thing.....double whammy! In any event, I put "thyroid" into the search box and found a ton of hits:

https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/search/node/Thyroid

I haven't looked through them, but you might find something of interest there. Stay in posture! - Surviving

Hi Activeone. I have thyroid issues that I believe do effect my prolapse. I found a good Functional NP and she has helped me tremendously with bio-identical hormones, natural thyroid meds, supplements and diet. Between this and the Whole Woman program I am thriving when before I thought was dying. Good luck on your journey to wellness!

Hello, jettybetty! I was curious what kind of natural thyroid meds you take? My physician is very medical-based and not open to too many “natural” options. I’ve returned to a “high” normal thyroid level, not on any meds as of now but have been told that when we start trying again for another baby, I’d likely need to get on Synthroid to get my levels back to “pregnancy-normal” range.