C section

Body: 

Hi sorry I don't really know where to post this...just a simple question really, whether women who have had a c section can benefit from the whole woman posture in the same way? Can the organs move forward in the same way I mean? I'm 8 months post c section and not seeing much improvement. But I have been doing the posture for 4 years (had 3 babies in that time) I guess I'm just worried the c section is preventing the posture from working in the same way. Any help or insights is much appreciated x

Forum:

Hi C bell,
I see from reading over your older posts that you have had more issues than just the c section. Were you able to resolve those?
Any surgeries are going to affect and even slow down the process of healing, so taking the whole woman work mindfully and slowly is always key in success. Also, even without any surgeries or other conditions you may have, the body does take two years to heal on its own after having a baby.
I would like to say that we are very cautious giving advice to those with the conditions you have described here on the forum in your past posts.
A consult with Christine is always a good idea in these situations

Thanks for replying. It was more of a general question. I haven't had any surgery on my prolapses if that's what you mean?

Like has anybody had success with the posture even with having a c section?

I am still suffering with a rectal prolapse internally & other vaginal prolapses. But just hoping I can heal on my own with the posture etc. Idea if surgery scares me but it may be an eventuality for me x

Whole Woman posture is not something contrived or invented. It is a return to the natural spinal shape we all had, before we were taught that it was better to pull our bellies in tight, tuck our butts and flatten our lumbar curve. THAT is the contrived posture and it has caused a host of ills. Take a look at the natural way that young children carry themselves and you will see WW posture.

So there's no reason to question whether WW posture is recommended after C-section or not. It is the posture all of us should cultivate. - Surviving

Haveyour symptoms gotten worse postpartum? How'd your pregnancy go? Are you glad you opted for c section? Do you think it would have been worse if you had another vaginal birth?

Thanks surviving. Yes I understand it is natural to do whole woman, it feels strange to me in any other posture. I just worry that because of scar tissue my organs won't move as freely? But this may be my anxiety making me worry & playing tricks on me. Ppkate my symptoms are worse postpartum yes, but I went into labour naturally & had a emergency c section. So I can't answer as to whether they would have been worse without that initial labour. I do think it would have been worse for me if I had given birth naturally. Pregnancy was fine! X

Actually pregnancy wasn't "fine" but I felt better than I do now if that makes sense x

A C-section itself is a pretty invasive procedure which can and does compromise the pelvic organs (re-read the first couple of pages of the Pregnancy and Prolapse chapter of Christine's book). Given the fact that prolapsed organs tend to move out of the way when birthing in an optimal position, C-section can't be guaranteed to prevent worsening of prolapse, and could even worsen it. I realize your situation was a little bit different and that you had many concerns about vaginal birth and even some surgical plans for the future. You are looking here for anecdotal information from other C-section moms but it is not likely to be too helpful, given all the variables. No one's success with WW can be predicted, as it completely depends on a number of factors; the extent of understanding and internalizing of the principles; the extent of daily practice of posture and other tools; and other medical issues you may have. - Surviving

Ok...thanks.

I think symptoms get worse postpartum regardless of mode of delivery. I'm 6 months out from 1st. Thank you for answering - I read your old post which was ironically a month before I got pref, now I struggle with many issues you do. I asked bc I want my child to have a sibling but I can't see it not making things worse:(. Surviving - I know it's a major surgery and I desperately didn't want one but I had a "natural" birth in upright position and the pushing- straining I believe made things way worse and in that much pain of labor I don't know if I could resist pushing. C bell - hang in there, maybe try a women's health physio for scar questions? but avoid the kegels ?

Thank you :) sorry to hear you are suffering too! I understand it's scary to have another. You'd never regret it. But its hard x