Feel I have no option but hysterectomy

Body: 

I have 3 fibroids wreaking havoc on my body. Have tried diet changes, supplements, and I just came off of a 21 day water fast in attempts to shrink fibroids. They seemed to reduce after the fast but last night I had constipation coupled with inability to pee, and I realized my stomach was feeling very swollen again due to these fibroids and I’m barely a week post fast eating just salads and a little homecooked pinto beans. I bought the whole woman program in April not realizing these fibroids were going to be so problematic, but was sure I could reduce fibroids naturally because it worked for others but I give up. I feel my life is threatened because I can’t use restroom properly (an ER trip for a catheter placement prompted the fast), and because the fibroids are root cause plus aggravating my severe uterine prolapse, I have no choice but the hysterectomy. None of the fibroid removal options are options for me because of one located right on/in at my cervix causes strong possibility of damage to other organs around. I can’t live like this anymore, so I’m waiting til tomorrow Monday to just call my dr and schedule surgery. I’m so scared. That I’m trading for more problems. No matter which way I go, I face pain. I’m sorry I hope this makes sense but I feel so alone right now.

I read through this post and your original one. Wish that i had some words of wisdom for you, but I don't....only you can weigh the pros and cons. Would you consider contacting the HERS Foundation and/or booking a consult directly with Christine Kent? You want to make sure you have thought of everything, that you can make as informed a decision as possible. With Christine you can also discuss your experience with the WW work and how this may be relevant to your efforts to get through menopause to that period of time when you might experience some natural shrinkage of the fibroids. It's complicated and I wish we could offer more help here on the forum. - Surviving

I’m not sure. I don’t think I can wait too long, with these impactment issues. I had gone to Stanford as well, who agreed with everything my dr said (separately, I didn’t share info so I could get it objectively). I didn’t think about HERS. I’m in dire financial straits, been taking care of my mom for years and its coming to a head, and she just fell again, which I think contributed to my condition. So my body going downhill so fast with I’m not sure going to any more doctors would cost? What would HERS do? Is it a group of doctors, or do they just tell you options? Cos I feel like I’ve tried most everything. I think I have a consult with Christine, Lenny called me in April when I bought her program but I was trying to reduce fibroids so I could work prolapse program, and saving my consult for questions about prolapse. Only I can’t get there I guess. I thought Christine would basically address the prolapse part of the equation. I have been trying to practice the posture part, and after this fast when it seemed fibroids were reducing, going to start the yoga part, until my collapse last night as well as the wrench thrown in with the extra care after my mom’s fall. Thank you again for responding to me.

HERS would counsel you; I don't know much about what resources they have at their disposal. Christine is an RN who has spent years studying all aspects of female pelvic health; she can speak to much more than just the prolapse issues. If you have a consult coming to you, please take advantage! She will want you to keep your uterus but at the same time, she knows enough to weigh all the issues involved and can give you the best overall picture of possible outcomes. - Surviving

I will see if I still have consult. Thank you again for your response.