Newbie - Posture Rectocele Question

Body: 

Hi - I'm about 9 weeks post partum with baby #2- found a cystocele around week 4 (freaked out did that whole thing, started searching - reading - reading) started the posture around week 5.
I haven't done too many of the workouts yet - just starting the first aid ones as time allows.

So I know I'm probably overarching my lumbar curve - I think I was so paranoid to get a lumbar curve in place where I feel I don't have one, that I've been focusing too much on that part of the posture.
The good news? my cystocele bump has been up higher or gone really (it's just kinda mushy in there so hard to tell if it's higher or gone) for the past 4-5 times i've felt around up there. I don't go feeling for it very often because i'm scared of what i might find lol

So a few days ago - i notice what is probably a rectocele now! so I'm kinda back to freaking out because I've been finally feeling like I've got my head and mind wrapped around the cystocele and now this is definitely new.... I'm fairly certain I didn't feel anything posterior after finding the cystocele.
My question is - did I just bring this on myself by overdoing the lumbar curve? I'm refocusing now on trying to lift the chest as many of you had said that lumbar curve will follow - but I'm kind of freaking myself out that in doing the posture wrong I've just added another problem. how dangerous is overarching? surely less so than sucking in as I've been doing my whole life... I've also been doing nauli (well vacuum and stomach flicks - can't roll yet) and I've been doing nauli in firebreathing posture every morning.
Had a 4th degree tear as well (due to pushing on my back and epidural which i regret now) but also baby boy was 10.3 lbs.

Thanks!

Forum:

The combo of cystocele and rectocele is the most common form of prolapse. Christine calls this "nature's pessary" because it helps to keep the uterus from falling too far back into the vaginal space. So, no need to freak out, and you certainly didn't cause it by overdoing the lumbar curve.....though there is no need to overdo there. It will take care of itself if you observe all aspects of posture. Relax belly and pull up chest and the lumbar curve will happen, more and more over time.

I'm not sure I'd be doing nauli at 9 weeks post partum, but, you have to be the judge of what is right for your body. Do you have 2nd Wheel yoga? - Surviving

for your reply....
yeah I need to get over this feeling that healing is linear. I went from tampon falling out feeling to tampon inserted wrong feeling for a few days - then the bulge was back right at the opening again and my mental state went from feeling stronger to back to feeling very down thinking ugh - nothings gonna work! then I got over that and got back on the right track and now something new is there and I'm back to questioning how? why? what did I do wrong in the past week? (I tend to overanalyze)
but after finding out about POP - I didn't leave the house for a week. for 2-3 weeks I was on the verge of tears all day. I was breastfeeding, and reading the internet, "playing" on the floor with a phone in my hand and attention elsewhere - I realized that I was snapping at my toddler (who was just bored from my lack of attention) and it dawned on me that I hadn't smiled at my sweet newborn in weeks and that broke my heart. And I won't be getting this time back with him. So I pulled myself up and put down the phone and restricted to nighttime reading or naptime reading.
this site has brought me lots of comfort and taken away a lot of fear and I finally went from "I'm broken" to "ok - it's ONLY a cystocele" to now omg - a rectocele too?? hopefully soon to be replaced by it's only a rectocele.

but anyway - back to the question - so maybe still too early to nauli? I only read it shouldn't be done during menstruation or pregnancy... but is there another reason to be wary? to be honest - some naulis feel better than others, but i figure i'm still learning and experimenting with how best to keep my back - pulled long and tall forward like at the start of firebreathing or more slightly rounded back like at the end of firebreathing.
The yoga dvd's are next on the list and I was going to just buy one at a time. I've got the book, the first aid videos and the maternity years videos. I was going to search today on here for how to find a similar baton since the maternity video uses that a lot and i don't have anything other than a broomstick (which wouldn't really work i don't think).
Would you recommend the 2nd wheel as a 1st purchase or should I go in order?

The 2nd wheel is especially good for post-partum, so if purchasing one at a time, you might start there. Also, I love Part 1 of this video, it's probably my favorite.

I'm the wrong one to talk about nauli because to be honest, I've never actually spent the time needed to figure it out. I always saw it as yet another available tool out there, that I could learn if I needed more. But many of us are using it, and if it feels right, no need to stop. - Surviving

I agree with surviving, the 2nd wheel yoga is an especially good video for our postpartum moms, and you don't need the baton for the exercise routine in this one.
I love firebreathing and nauli. Nauli always seems to arrange things and get them in better placement. It's like a good internal massage for stubborn organs in my mind.

Thanks ladies :) also - I've read on here about how great the 'prolapse free in 20 minutes' video is - can someone point me to which package that might be found? Is that one still available?

This is the workout module contained within the Whole Woman Solution to Pelvic Organ Prolapse streaming program. It was the first on-line offering, even before the existing DVDs were made available for streaming. It's a great workout and I love it because it contains a fabulous move called "belly toss" not found anywhere else. Like nauli, another move I haven't yet perfected (I like the feeling of having some tools in the arsenal that I haven't utilized yet, if that makes any sense....). She also covers WW jumping and foot issues. She does caution against belly toss and jumping for pregnant and newly PP women, but you will know when you are ready for these. Great advice and wisdom for PP women in this module, as well as post-hyst. Wonderful program for anyone and everyone. - Surviving