Arvigo Massage

Body: 

I saw that there was a series of questions about the Arvigo massage technique awhile back in this forum. I would like to see if it is possible to have more discussion about it. I supplement the Whole Woman posture by going to a physical therapist that does Arvigo massage and the Feldencrais methods. Mainly I use the Whole Woman posture because it is what instantly improved my uterine prolapse about one month ago. I am so grateful to have found the Whole Woman work.

I'm concerned about adding any other techniques to the Whole Woman posture if they could possibly cause a problem with the position of my uterus and bladder. For instance, I stopped going to one physical therapist because she recommended kegels. That tells me she does not understand the real cause of prolapse. Right now I am concerned that if the Arvigo and Feldencrais methods are not based on the ideal position of the uterus and bladder, as described with the Whole Woman work, could they cause damage? I have asked the Arvigo therapist and her answer, as well as her enthusiasm about the Whole Woman program, has set me at ease a bit.

Arvigotherapy.com

Thank you for reading this as I am concerned and not just sure how to figure this out.

Forum:

You can use the search box above to look for all the threads where this has been discussed (I think there have been quite a few). Anyone wishing to comment here is welcome to do so, but, it really isn't the Forum's job to evaluate these disciplines. Once you have educated yourself and thoroughly absorbed the WW posture principles, it will be within your own power to evaluate everything you do and proceed accordingly. You are correct to be concerned about throwing other techniques into the mix before you have reached that level of understanding. - Surviving

I have used arvego massage alongside the posture work for 10 months and find they are highly effective together. My therapist fully supports the Whole Woman ideas. However, I would say it's very important that you find what works for you. Your body will tell you what is helpful for you and what isn't. I find the self care massage very helpful and complements the whole woman work. It may not work for others . If it's working for you stick with it.

Thank you mummyduck13 that is very helpful.