Success for all?

Body: 

I have been very happy to follow the Wholewoman posture and lifestyle for over three years now and to spread the word where ever I can. I have been asked by a friend how she can ensure keeping her prolapse problems at bay and I wanted to check with u please.
She had a Burch operation six weeks ago and feels happy at the moment but is being very careful as she is afraid of undoing the 'good work' as she sees it. She is interested in the success that I have with the Wholewoman posture and we wanted to know if it would be ok for her to do the posture and exercises to help her organs to be supported by the pubic bone? I am just a bit worried that this might be in conflict with the stitches etc which were part of her op or do u think it might save her from damage .Unfortunately she will have to go back to work soon in quite a hectic job where she will be on her feet most of the time.Do u have any advice for her please?
The more I hear of the doctors solution for prolapse the more and more thankful I am for Christine's work,this site and all those who share it.
Thx in advance for your help.

Hi Everhopeful...so glad you are doing well!

Your friend had the same procedure that propelled me on a years-long journey of trying to understand what had been done to my body and how I could naturalize my pelvis. Whole Woman was the result.

The "good work" has actually tied her vagina to her abdominal wall. Long sutures embedded on the outside of her front vaginal wall have been anchored to her lower belly, perhaps to "Cooper's ligament" at the front of her pelvis, or in my case the musculature of my lower belly. This pulls the bladder neck forward as well, creating a severe and unnatural angle between bladder and urethra. She will probably never have a drop of urinary incontinence again, however...her vagina is now "tented" so that she becomes much more susceptible to uterine prolapse because the uterus simply slides down the open front vaginal wall. If she does not have her uterus, her bowel will very likely collapse into her vagina, known as enterocele. Gynecology has been very aware of these realities for decades. It is a foolish surgery first developed in 1949 for incontinent men who had lost their prostate to cancer.

On the one hand, WW posture is the only way to recreate some semblance of natural anatomy after a bladder neck suspension. However, I would be very cautious in messing with her "good work", in case she were to blame the posture for her impending prolapse.

Best wishes,

Christine

For all the amazing research u have done to help women every where . I have a better understanding of that op now and can c why ops r often only for short term success. The surgeons only seem to look at one problem at a time and solve it at the cost of something else going wrong later. Holistic health is what all women want and I am so glad that I have followed your amazing ,informed advice. My father told me to never have any op at all unless it was the only choice left ,what a wise man he was. Thx once again for all your help.

Did you have this done for a prolapsed uterus or a prolapsed bladder or incontinence? What is the Burch surgery specifically for? Just a bit confused. Thanks, NoraB

Christine did not have prolapse, but had this Burch bladder neck suspension procedure to address mild incontinence. It triggered an immediate and profound uterine prolapse. - Surviving