Thank You Christine!!

Body: 

My story.....I'm 54 and I noticed I had a uterine prolapse about 4 1/2 years ago. It didn't really get any worse until this past year when I increased my walking in an effort to loose weight. On the plus side I have lost between 30 and 35 pounds!! On the negative side my prolapse got worse..... a lot worse. I knew I didn't want surgery so I began searching the internet. I found Whole Woman.

I started WW at the end of October with I'm guessing a grade 3-4 Uterine Prolapse. I first bought the First Aide for Prolapse. A week ago I took advantage of the sale and purchased The Whole Woman Solution for Pelvic Organ Prolapse.

Yesterday was the first day I noticed a positive change. As I go for my walks outside I've slowed way down. I constantly remind myself to stay in posture...relax belly, chin up, shoulders down.......you get the picture. As long as I remember my posture my uterus stays inside!!! Not getting the number of steps I was getting but that's okay. I now have hope.

Forum:

Hi Squirrel,
So glad to hear that you are seeing improvement!
Just some extra tips from someone who has been doing this awhile and also has a profound uterine prolapse: You got the relaxed belly and shoulders down right, but we slightly tuck our chin as we pull up from the back of our neck or crown of our heads. Constant reminders of posture principle is helpful, especially during walking. I have also found over time, that a longer stride at a nice clip really pulls those pelvic organs into the lower belly, so don't be afraid to stretch it out while maintaining those posture principles.
Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for the tips!! At this point in my journey, when I walk faster, I find myself going back to my old ways. I'm sure as all this becomes habit the speed will come.

Hi Squirrel - when I first started walking, it felt like it was making things worse. But I took that leap of faith and persevered. If I slowed down in order to remain mindful of all the posture elements as I walked, and took more deliberate steps, I started to experience an improvement of symptoms the longer I walked. I could feel things starting to "click" into place. I was an epiphany for me, and I know I'm not the only one who has experienced things in this way. So keep it up!! - Surviving

Thanks for the tips

The lack of daily exercise is starting to take it's tole. The weight and fat are coming back and I don't like it one bit. I worked too hard since last January to let it all go. That being said, today I'm braving the snow, cold, ice and that fear of making things worse....I'm getting my butt back out there and and pounding the snow covered dirt two track!!!! Now if only I could remember to belly breath. The biggest habit I'm trying break is chest breathing. When I remember to belly breath things stay put sooo much better.....

Hi Squirrel,
Yea, it's that time of year! I know some like to walk on the indoor track or treadmill, which is perfectly fine, but I also like my outdoor walking. I have found to help with my confidence is a nice pair of Yaks on the bottom of my boots; if you don't already have some, they're a great investment.
And yes! Nice deep belly breathing and constant reminders is a good thing.

I can certainly identify with this problem. For the last several years I have been pretty much cooped up in my mother's small apartment for virtually all of my non-work hours, where I can't even have my treadmill. Here are some ways I exercise:

-- A full collection of WW workouts to rotate for variety (including yoga).
-- Running on toes in WW posture, either in place, or back and forth in the living room.
-- WW jumping on toes with firebreathing.

If you have a baton, it can be quite useful, as are hand weights to add more "burn".

I'm 67 and care for my elderly mom, so I avoid putting myself in harm's way as much as possible, which excludes taking brisk walks during questionable weather. I really can't afford to risk a fall. But if I was able to spend more time outside than I'm currently able to, I'd get me a pair of those Yaks too! - Surviving

I'll have to look into those yaks for later in the season when get a lot of freeze and thaw cycles. The two track gets like a skating rink til the frost drops out of the ground. Right now no problems with traction as long as I stay off the main road.

Thank you Squirrel and Everyone,

Immense gratitude for doing this work together with me. I'm in the very same boat...too many days inside (furiously working on a new project), and too little exercise. At least I'm sitting on the floor as I write.

Winter food is entirely too delicious as well.

I think we need to give ourselves a break and realize we're wired up to flow with the seasons. When the days start to lengthen after the holidays, we will naturally become more physically active. I'm already thinking of the summer dresses I want to make.

Big hugs to all!

Christine

Thanks to Whole Women Posture my uterine prolapse is more of a grade 2-3 now and as of a week ago I'm back to walking 10,000 steps a day!!

So glad to hear...are you by chance walking toe-strike-first? I love it and feel it shifts the pelvic organs further toward the front. It's hugely controversial whether humans are supposed to walk this way, but if nothing else it's great exercise for developing the legs and bum. Hugs!

No, at this point I'm not walking toe-strike-first. Maybe once Spring comes to my neck of the woods I'll pursue it. Goodness knows my legs and bum could use developing!!!

How is the toe walking different from a walk like in high heels (which we are told is really bad)?

With high heels, your feet are held tightly in a box. While you are up on your metatarsals, which isn’t a bad thing in itself, your foot is held in that position as you glide or clomp along. There is no natural movement in the arch of your foot, therefore muscles in the calves and back of thighs become short and tense.

I watched a saleswoman in stiletto heels on stage a few years ago and was so amazed to see that when she stood still her knees were hyperextended, and when she walked back and forth across the stage her knees stayed slightly bent. Every time!

Interrsting. Makes sense.