Peaceful sleep?

Body: 

Hello!
I desperately need help/tips for sleeping comfortably! While I sleep and when I wake I have terrible back pain.
My background is that i have three prolapses: uterine, rectocele, cystocele. I also have a eight-finger abdominal separation (diastasis) and an umbilical hernia.
I have tried many different sleeping positions, pillows and beds. The most comfortable position is child's pose (but it's difficult to stay asleep in that pose.)

I'm toying with the idea of a loose abdominal belt, to keep everything in, but I don't want to increase pressure during sleep.

Any thoughts/resources would be much appreciated!!
Alexis

Forum:

Hi lexylou222,
I see from your only other post that you had this same back pain 3 years ago? Did it go away during that time? Or, did you do something to improve those symptoms in that time period? I know I had almost constant back pain also, but stopping constant heavy lifting and then engaging whole woman postural work really helped with mine. The kind of back pain I had didn't go away when I went to bed, but continued until I became more proactive. IN fact, I haven't been to Chiropractor for many years now!
Also, did you just have a baby, or has the diastasis been ongoing? Christine's Goddess belly would be a good choice for that.
I think getting rid of your pain in the first place will help you sleep better.

Any other thoughts are more than welcome here.

Aging gracefully, thank you!
Generally I don't have back pain during the day. The pain begins during sleep and I wake up with it. Soemtimes putting a pillow under my umbilical hernia seems to help, but the pillow moves - hence the idea to try the abdominal binder. Doctors are useless because they look at me and say surgery and i say goodbye. I haven't found a physical therapist who understands this enough. Trial and error may be my best friend. :)

Have you tried lying on your side with a pillow between your knees? Many of us with prolapse and other issues like back and hip pain, have found this comforting. - Surviving

So the umbilical hernia is the problem? Does the diastasis have a part to play in this also, I wonder? We are not a medical site, and I really don't know anything about umbilical hernias, but wonder if this was resolved, you wouldn't have pain to deal with at night?

I just typed umbilical hernia in the search box, and did come up with a lot of threads. You might try that to see if there is anything helpful.

Thanks so much! I will search that.