sitting in chair at work

Body: 

I sit a lot at my job all day, could Christine or someone explain how to sit all day but not messing up your posture. I try and get up as often as I can, but I still end up with some neck and shoulder pain because I am working on a computer. We have all kinds of people using these stations so the ergonomic situation is not perfect by no means. But I do have neck and shoulder discomfort most days. I need this job for a few more years till I reach 65 and then I will find some other job that doesn't cause so much strain on my body. Any advice would be welcomed. thanks.

Forum:

Hi northerngranny13,

I recommend the chair exercises in the Save Your Hips program.
I did it mainly to heal my hips, however I found the chair exercises really helpful for upper body strength including the torso, upper back, arms and neck.
My neck is much stronger for the exercises and I can also turn my head with strength when driving and hold my head steady much more easily than before.
I often do some of the exercises I now remember well, particularly from the chair exercise during the day as needed. I find I can slouch when I am tired and or need to have a break and stretch...
The posture is like for me constantly correcting the steering wheel of the car so that it stays going the right way. I found that in the beginning with the posture and learning how to drive I mentally talked myself through and now I find that I can do the corrections/ process like with driving with presence reminding me rather than thinking words.

I hope this helps you,
All the best,
Aussie Soul Sister