Feeling so low

Body: 

Hi there,
Really needing some support and positivity. I’ve had 3 babies and have multiple prolapses (my main one being a rectal intuss) I healed ok after my first & it took longer with my 2nd & with my 3rd (who I now 9 months) I am suffering still. I have been doing whole woman posture throughout this entire time. Its the bloody rectal intuss that is inhibiting my healing & I am so scared I am headed for surgery & I really, really don’t want it!!! Can anyone give me positive stories on healing internal bowel prolapse through the posture? Does it work the same as other prolapses? Do I need to give it more time?? Help!! X

Hi C bell,
This is not something that has been talked about a lot on this forum, And I know Christine addressed the surgery in past posts, so I don't know if there is anything else we could tell you on the forum. Our hope is that, over time, you would start to get relief from your symptoms with the postural work. It took me over a year of diligent whole woman work to get control over my severely prolapsed uterus, and many more years to maintain a comfortable place with it. I would like to say it takes patience and time as with all prolapses, but don't know anything about the nature of an intuss.
Have you ever had a consult with Christine? She may have more insight than you will find here.

Thank you. I’m pretty certain I’ve had the intuss since my first birth although not as severely. It got a lot better through posture and the use of a kegel 8 at about 18months pp. By that point it was absolutely manageable. However, two further pregnancies/births have definitely made it much worse. I haven’t had a consult with Christine (I am in the uk) hopefully some others who have been in a similar situation will dee this post. I am feeling pretty gutted that things don’t seem to be improving this time and struggling to look after my 3 littles. The surgery seems to carry risks and I feel like my future looks bleak x

This reminder is for the benefit of any WW newbies who might be misled reading this thread. Christine has written extensively (and it is discussed over and over and over on the forums) about the implications of kegeling.....and this includes kegeling machines. It is a wrong concept which does nothing at best, and at worst, can aggravate prolapse.

A great deal of PP prolapse subsides on its own in the months following birth. This is what happened to me. Many women who kegel during this period, may attribute their lessening of symptoms to this kegeling. I can assure you this is not the case. Often, time alone can do this, at least for a few years, until bad posture and other practices bring prolapse back into the picture (again....this is my story).

In the intervening years I kegeled quite a bit, not because I was feeling the bulge but because that was the conventional wisdom to promote pelvic and sexual health. If it worked, I never would have manifested prolapse in the end, nor would any of the other millions of women who kegel because they are told to by practitioners who don't know what else to say.

So......we will continue here, to fight this misconception every time it rears its ugly head. - Surviving

C bell,
Consults can be done with skype or over the phone, and we also have practitioners in the Uk, so check out your options on the Practitioner's page.

Ok. I don’t know why the kegel 8 seems to help for me, it just does. I don’t think there is a one size fits all with prolapses..I don’t believe for one second the kegel 8 alone would have got me better the first time around...that only happened when I changed my posture

Thank you aging gracefully x

Just one of the articles Christine has written about kegels as related to prolapse:

https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=1497

There are more on the blog to read, and well worth investigating. Check them out as they are very eye opening.