Fire Breathing

Body: 

Hi Ladies,
I'm waiting for my "First Aid for Prolapse" DVD & still searching the internet all day for things to work on while I wait. I came across a thing call Hypopressive Exercise that looks very intriguing. Have any of you heard of it or tried it? Is it similar to this?
Thanks for any & all feedback.
:)

Hi and welcome Sylvia,

I was happy to see hypopressives dismissed by the widely published researcher Kari Bo and associates:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-pelvic-physical-therapy/widely...

This very old male yoga exercise, best demonstrated by Krishnamacharya, is the wrong concept for successfully moving female pelvic organs forward against the lower belly where they belong. It is particularly useless when performed lying down, which is how it is generally taught.

PT just won’t move beyond the antiquated paradigm of a pelvic floor opposite the respiratory diaphragm. Once you get your materials, you'll understand.

:-) Christine

Here's the classic photo I'm sure started the "hypopressive" craze:

click here

I was intrigued with your question and I wonder if u r in the UK? I had also recently been coming across lots of recommendations and subtle adverts for this Hpopressive exercise routine,I guess it will be the new craze ? It is being put forward as the safe solution to pop problems in the light of all the frightening evidence of plastic mesh damage to women with pop.
I agree with u that they word it as tho it is using natural reflex only and tightening the internal muscles ,even tho u could just be laying down when doing them. I have used the WW posture and the dvd for First Aid for Prolapse for over 3years and am very happy with having my life safely in my own hands with Christine's help.It is tempting to look at the Hypo thing as I hate having to alter all my clothes to accommodate the posture but I have to say I am very healthy using the WW life style
And very grateful I am whole and staying that way!
Guess I will stay with WW and give up on tight waists and jeans that I know added to the problem in the first place! I agree with u that the advertising does draw one in and they r getting more and more practitioners available all over the UK. A slick marketing venture indeed!
I did find some other discussions on this issue when I put Hypo into the search bar here. It would be interesting to speak to any one here who has tried it.
I am totally convinced by Christine's explanations and all the work she has done to back this up.
I do feel that the UK is struggling at the moment as the mesh scandal has hit the media and I wish pple weren't brainwashed to have op as first thought for an answer. There is deffinitely a place for a natural solution and I can only hope other people find this site.
Enjoy the dvd I think it is great fun and also really really helpful.

Hi Sylvia,
While waiting for your DVD, you can also do some reading on this site, starting from the tool bar above. There is so much interesting and eyeopening information to look at here, so check it out.

Thanks for all your comments & suggestions. There is one lady in Canada that teaches it & she & her many clients swear by it but they definitely say you have to do it with a trained practitioner not try to learn it from videos. I have an appointment with a pelvic floor physio therapist on Jan 8th so we'll see what she says. I should also have my WW DVD by then. Merry Christmas to you all.

If you have not already done so, I would urge you to read the above responses from Christine and others. You may have glossed over the whole point. - Surviving

Hi Surviving60,
I did read them all & took them to heart. I will definitely follow the video when I get it & hopefully it helps me. Did you guys get any help from a pelvic floor physio therapist before finding WW or is there no help there in your opinions?
Thanks again,
Sylvia

Hi again Sylvia - I think your time on-line while waiting for your DVD would be better spent exploring Whole Woman resources (see the tab up above). So much to read and watch. The forum, the blog, all parts of the site, beginning with this:

https://wholewoman.com/newpages/video/ww101.html

Plenty of wisdom to absorb before your DVD arrives. - Surviving

I have the DVD and have read the comments which came up on a search for "fire breathing." Can someone please give a verbal description of the exercise? On the video, it's only named and demonstrated. It's followed by another move I'd like described...namu or nado or something I've never heard of. Since the name of "fire breathing" includes the word "breathing", I'd like to know what the breathing process is during the exercise. When I've tried it, it just seems to me like pelvic rocks while bent 90º. Grateful for any help.

On the First Aid for Prolapse video, there is a Dictionary of Movements which describes firebreathing and nauli in detail. Be sure you have checked out that section of the DVD, as your questions might be answered there. The breathing sequence is indeed very critical to the movement, in both cases. - Surviving