Labia dryness from walking, tissues rubbing against each other.

Body: 

I have some dryness on the labia walls from time to time, especially when I do a lot of walking and mostly at work, the rubbing back and forth, I use Vaseline which helps but was wondering if anyone has used anything else, don't want to use something that would promote a infection or inflammation. I have used the honey and vinegar which has helped my vagina health as well. I have not had a urinary tract infection in 6 months, the overall dryness was why I was getting the infections and yeast problem , things were just out of control down there . Thank you for any advice.

Forum:

I would keep using the honey for overall vaginal health.
You can use olive oil, coconut oil, and even some barrier creams for the chafing. When I was working in the nursing homes, we used an aloe vera barrier cream that seemed gentle enough and had a healing affect to it, as well as protecting the area that is irritated.
Do some experimenting of your own to see what works best for you.

I too have suffered from this kind of chafing and dryness (especially when wearing trousers - rarely - unless very baggy), since onset of peri-menopause about 10 years ago. I recently discovered an organic, cold-pressed aloe vera gel (I expect we are not supposed to mention brand names on this forum?). Suffice it to say, I bought it through a large, online retailer and it is actually made by a small company in Oregon, USA. It has made a huge difference to me. I should add that I was diagnosed with lichen sclerosus about 5 years ago and, not wanting to use the prescribed sterioid-based creams, and been looking for a long time for an alternative, to treat the dryness (and itching) - and this aloe vera gel is wonderful. You should be sure it is very pure and not mixed with other things. Good luck!

I have a similar problem, but it is my inner thighs that rub together when I put on extra pounds in the winter. It is true that a good barrier salve will soothe the chafing.

A real cure besides losing weight, which we all must try to do if we’re having painful symptoms from excess fatty thighs rubbing together, is strongly lifting your tailbone and taking long strides when walking. The posture belt helps tremendously if you need lumbar support and the tipping action into WW posture.

How is everyone doing with forefoot-first walking? I go out every early morning and walk this way. When my husband isn’t with me I walk/run up on my toes.

Forefoot-first walking while taking long strides is excellent for prolapse because it really makes the round ligaments of the uterus (which come off the front of the uterus in front and wrap underneath the body, embedding in the large labia at the back) pull the pelvic contents forward.

Spring is right around the corner (here in the northern hemisphere) and this is a very doable, and extremely invigorating way to beautifully develop your legs and derrière for summer!

Thanks for the reminder, Christine! This requires extreme mindfulness, and for those of us who live in cold snowy climates, navigating messy terrain often wearing heavy boots, it's pretty nearly impossible even to think about it when outdoors. I'm trying to remember to practice indoors while waiting for spring! - Surviving