Scared

Body: 

Hi ladies, I’m new here. I have self diagnosed myself with Rectocele and I feel I have intuss as well. I’m 26 years old with one child who is 1.5 years old. I’m terrified because I own a gym and am a personal trainer I feel this is something I’ve brought on myself with the past 5 years of weird bowel habits from anxiety. I really just need reassurance that I could have more kids and my quality of life isn’t ruined. My symptoms right now are not terrible but I fear over time could get worse. I’ve had two yeast infections in the past 3 months, sometimes I feel like my bowels are not fully emptied. I have made Dr appt to be diagnosed but in the mean time I’m terrified!

Forum:

Welcome to the forum and hope you find some answers here. What I can share with you from my experience is that Whole Woman will work for you if you do the work. I bought the book and the Prolapse first aid and just watched and read and kept going. It doesn't make sense right away and may even be really hard to wrap your mind around if like me you spent years working hard to strengthen your core, tuck that stomach and butt in. Something eventually just clicked and I got it. It makes perfect sense. I work on my feet all day and walk/hike every day in the posture. Within a couple of months I rarely have symptoms and I feel confident that my situation will not worsen as time goes on. There are no guarantees but I do know that I have a better chance living and practicing the WW posture than doing nothing and expecting surgery to fix me. Since I realized what was happening to me I have spoken to so many women who sadly have had surgery for either a rectocele and or bladder suspension surgery and ended up having a uterine prolapse and are waiting for more surgeries. I do not want to go down that path!

I am so glad I found this website. You can do this!

Thank you Finally50 thank you for helping ease some anxiety. Just wanting to have quality of life, I’m very active and run a lot. Thank you again for the reassurance.

You are so welcome. You can run, hike, walk and do all the things you love in the posture. Honestly I really feel the more active you are the better. That is what I love about the WW program. You can have a full active life and it improves things. Christine has really done amazing research. Just dig in and do the work and you will see improvement!

I’m also a kickboxer/fighter what should I️ do about abs. I️ do a lot of core strengthening exercises as apart of my fighting routine is that a no no?

Hi Life changes,
Core strength training is based on a different philosophy with sucking and tucking and a flat stomach in mind. With whole woman, we are relaxing our belly making room for our pelvic organs to comfortably reside there.
Keep reading around and look at the many programs Christine offers to get a better understanding of these concepts.
For many of us, it is a big change from what we were used to our whole lives, but getting back to our natural posture not only helps with our prolapse, but our hips and spine as well.

Body work stressing a strong "core" and tight abs is definitely a no-no, and a significant contributing factor to prolapse. Women have a natural lower lumbar curvature, and a lower "core" than men - located at the level of the sacrum. Continuously pulling in the abs and tucking the butt flattens this curvature, reverses natural breathing, and sends the pelvic organs down and back. Here is a nice little overview to watch:
https://wholewoman.com/newpages/video/ww101.html

The WW work is how you manage prolapse and keep things from getting worse. - Surviving