scientific sources for recommended 2-3 year postpartum healing period

Body: 

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has scientific sources about the recommended 2-3 year postpartum healing period? I'm 29 years old, 15 months postpartum with grade 2 rectocele & grade 1 cystocele. My husband has "Baby fever", and I'd like to show him good sources about why it's essential to wait and give the body enough time to heal in between pregnancies.

Hi baby2016 and welcome,
While I am sure there is plenty of statistical data out there proving why a certain length of time is optimal for postpartum healing, I have to wonder about simply looking at the history of women having babies throughout the years and what their experiences have to tell us. Some women may heal faster and be able to have babies sooner than others, while others may need more time. I am guessing this is just a calculation of averages for women to follow.
I would also like to say that you shouldn't feel pressured to have more children until you feel ready for it; no offence to your husband, but it is your body, after all.

It can indeed take 2 years or more for full recovery after childbirth, and that is what you will see repeated on this site over and over again. It is especially important when dealing with PP prolapse, to learn how to manage it and reverse the symptoms effectively before heading into the next pregnancy. Whole Woman wisdom should be enough to satisfy both you and your husband. And if you are feeling pressured to the point of needing to cite sources on this matter, that's an issue for the two of you to iron out. - Surviving

thanks. Really hoping to hear news about a new whole woman book edition soon. Can't wait to read& learn more.

Dear baby2016,
this may not address post - partum healing times, didn't re- read for this specific content, however many couples have found Christine's husband Lanny's letter to husbands very reassuring regarding prolapse etc.

A Husband's Guide to Prolapse.
Here is the link -

http://wholewoman.com/library/?p=244

Hope this is of help,

All the best,
Aussie Soul Sister

Do you have other resources that you are working with now (streaming or DVD)? No one who is starting out with this work should be waiting around for the next edition of the book to come out. Haven't checked your past posts, but if you need any suggestions, speak up or contact Lanny for recommendations. There is so much here. - Surviving