Prolapse back during pregnancy

Body: 

Hi all,

Following the birth of my first daughter, I had a stage 2 bladder prolapse. I had physio from a lovely lady who said I looked fairly normal considering I had had a long labour followed by 2 hrs of pushing. Over 6 months the prolapse resolved - I could still see a small bump if I looked, but could not feel it apart from occasionally doing sport, and had no other symptoms.

My daughter is now 20 months and I am 16 weeks pregnant. Since week 8, the prolapse symptoms have come back ( heaviness in vagina, a bulge to the opening, some discomfort during sex but not always). I saw a physio who said it was stage 2 plus. I'm dping excercises recommended but it's not getting any better. Maybe slightly worse as I progress.

Is anyone in this position? I thought my prolapse had counted as a post partum one which resolved but now it's back I don't know. Could I get it back to how it was before after this pregnancy or will it only get worse? Will the way I give birth make a difference to it or put me at risk of further prolapses?

I am very worried and think about it a lot so any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for your time

FB

Hi FB82 and welcome to Whole Woman,
If you type some key words about pregnancy and prolapse in the search, you will find many threads addressing this issue. You will also find as your pregnancy advances, your uterus will pull into your lower belly more, pulling the other pelvic organs with it.
This is also a very good time to start looking into the Whole Woman work; it will give you time to study about and understand the importance of whole woman posture, postpartum healing, and continuing pelvic organ health.

Hi thank you for your advice- very helpful. I will continue searching the subject on the site.

Kind regards,

Francesca

I was also diagnosed with a prolapse, bladder, 7 months post partum. I became pregnant a month later and it seemingly resolved itself, but now at 24 weeks it's is back. Hugs.

Here is one post with granolamom's input:

https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/node/7152

If you click on granolamom's name, you will find many very helpful posts on the subject.