mild prolapse is nearly gone...yay!

Body: 

Hello,
I signed up for the forum almost a year after purchasing several videos and reading the literature and stories on this web site.
I wanted to share a few things:
First, I was experiencing mild prolapse and or urinary incontinence when I ran. I found WW and began practicing the basics and purchased some product/videos. My incontinence issue is nearly resolved!!! Last month I ran 5 3/4 mile race with NO leaking! The previous year...I had run this race and was unbelievably embarrassed and uncomfortable...I could not keep from peeing! I no longer cross my legs when I sneeze! I am so thankful for this find!

Second, I also wanted to say that along with my WW posture...I found that caffeine played a big part in my incontinence while excising. If I drink NO caffeine- I have more success with the posture. Caffeine is a diuretic...so this makes since, but I did not realize how much it was affecting my problems!

Then last, I was told multiple times by folks here at WW that my 'mild prolapse' and/or urinary incontinence was not caused by having 3 babies in 5 years. I totally understand your reasoning and believe that the actual birth and carrying of 3 big kids...did not directly 'cause' my problems...and that my problems were caused primarily by posture. The fact is...my posture and life were greatly impacted by having babies...my posture, my eating habits, my ability to exerciser and even my self esteem...and I believe...that although the physical action of carrying and birthing these babies did not directly cause my issues...having 3 babies did lead to the issues...in an INDIRECT way.
I only say this because it felt discrediting and frustrating to hear that my issues were not caused by child birth...even though I knew that these issues were not present before child birth. Does that make since? I just wanted to let the wonderful woman at WW know that - so that maybe others don't feel discredited.

I am appreciative of all your hard work and I hope my story inspires others to give WW posture a try and to limit caffeine - at least while excising ;-) and I hope you all find success and help - wherever your search my lead you!

Hi runningagain,
Wonderful news and another example of how our bodies work so much better in natural posture!
Thanks for the caffeine tip, I know Christine avoids it as well.
Many thanks for sharing!
Happy running!

Aussie Soul Sister

Hi runningagain and thanks for a great post - it's inspiring to hear of your success and I know this can encourage others.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't feel "heard" on the forum, but I can assure you that all of these things are relevant. Throughout Christine's body of work, she stresses all the ways that childbirth can contribute, most notably the nature of the birthing experience itself, obstetric interventions, how we manage our bodies during the healing period, and the fact that it takes a full two years or more for the body to heal following birth. At the same time, there are countless women with prolapse and incontinence who have never even been pregnant. She has defined and clarified the real story of prolapse in a way that no one else has been able to do. - Surviving

PS: Looked for prior postings, to understand how we had made you feel that way. Couldn't find anything!

Hi Runningagain,

One of the first things I saw when I discovered this site was your username on the forum and it nearly made me cry with relief!! I was told NEVER to run again after my prolapse repair a year ago and it was like a death sentence as I've been a keen runner since my third daughter was small, 20 years ago.

I have had 5 pregnancies and never really had any pelvic floor problems until after the fourth one, and having a third degree tear with the fifth (a ten-pound baby) is when things really deteriorated but my surgeon told me the real problem was with my running. However, with WW posture and exercises I am tentatively back to running!!

I can also totally relate to the caffeine thing. Just about the only time I have a leak now is when I've caved and had coffee and cola.

I'd love to hear more about your running...and which videos you found helpful...have you written any more in any of the other forum categories about exercise or anything?

I missed this post a couple of weeks ago...so very happy you are seeing results!

Its OK..I am totally recovered from the minor comment...but I had to bring it up, because it confused me at first...it was actually in an email.

You all with WW have been so helpful! Don't stress about it!

Hello!
Sorry, I don't get on this very much. I actually had to look back in my emails to find out what I purchased...I remembered purchasing the wrong/not as helpful things at first, but Lanny Goodman helped me out through email and transferred my payment to get me set up with The Whole Woman Solution to Urinary Incontinence.
I can totally relate to needing to run. I had my 3 beautiful babies in 5 years...and I am only 35 and I am not sure what I would do if I couldn't just leave for a 20-30 min run almost every day. Totally clears my head.
I think the posture is the biggest help for me...and eating better. Christine emphasizes a pretty good diet...and sometimes I get so rushed with life...I wasn't eating like I used to...so between diet and the posture...I think I have things pretty under control.

Good luck and thanks for sharing!