HELP!

Body: 

I can see my cervix at the opening of my vagina. I haven't gone to a DR. I'm certain I have all three. Do I have to go to Dr? Can this program help me? I'm 51 post menopause any tips at all?? I ordered the first aid video...

Hi 4HISglory. Yes, this program can help you. No, you don't have to go to a doctor, but that will depend on your level of comfort in dealing with these things and whether or not you have other concerns. Where female pelvic health is concerned, doctors typically have useless and even harmful "suggestions". So that's up to you. Many of us, myself being one, have never received a formal diagnosis. The First Aid video will get you off to a great start. Meanwhile, keep reading on the forum, blog, and website. There is so much wisdom here! - Surviving

I am 54 years old, had a hysterectomy at age 31, and a bladder repair in 2008, (TVT) and 18 months ago diagnosed with bladder prolapse. Are there any women out there who are succefully using a ring pessary depite having no womb. I am also finding, trouble when moving my bowels, is this common? Each time I have to support myself underneath otherwise the pessary will be forced out, and getting to the toilet has become an urgent matter as i fear I couldn't hold on. This is really getting me down

I got the first aid video it doesn't explain breathing except to say breathe from lower belly. Idk if it's allowed here but I'd love to connect with you via phone [number deleted] I'd really appreciate it :)

Hi 4Hisglory,
All the breathing in Christine's work is the same, taking nice deep breaths through your nose, expanding your belly, and then letting your belly fall back naturally on the out breath. You don't have to think of just expanding your lower belly, but your whole belly while breathing. The more we practice this, the less shallow chest breathing we will be doing.

Hi 4Hg - I hope you don't mind, but I deleted the phone number from your post......we wouldn't want our members sharing that kind of personal information here on the forum. Privacy first!

If you pay attention to Christine's instructions on posture and movement, you will know what you need to know about breathing. When doing certain moves such as pelvic rocks and firebreathing, the breathing sequence is very important. When you are just going about your day, keeping the belly relaxed and chest lifted will facilitate proper breathing. Tucking our butts and tightening our bellies turned many of us into shallow chest-breathers, which is a hard habit to break, but necessary. - Surviving

In the first aid video the only instruction about breathing is breathe from lower belly. Some exercises troll when to inhale and exhale but not the fire breathing and the rotating thing in between the fire breathing I have no idea how to do these correctly. I'm a bit disappointed for $50 what additional info is in the course? Thank you for your help.

Hi again 4Hg - on the First Aid video, go to the Dictionary of Movements section. About 10 and a half minutes into this section, Christine gives an extremely detailed description and demo of firebreathing, followed by nauli.

We don't mind answering questions, but you need to study the video first. - Surviving

Hi 4Hisglory,
As surviving has said above, study really is needed to better understand this work. When I first came to this site, terms like firebreathing and nauli were foreign to me. The ballet movements were never something I was ever exposed to growing up, so it was a learning process. It does take, time patience and study to get these concepts down, and we are here to help you through, but you need to do your work also.
Also, Christine has changed her stance on breathing into lower belly since these videos were made, because some people were getting confused about it and holding in their upper bellies, so it is just easier to think of breathing fully into your belly than separating it into sections. If I can find her post on the subject, I'll put it in here.

I wish the WW work had sprung forth fully formed, but alas it has been a work in progress.

Initially the focus was on relaxing the lower belly so the pelvic organs could take their natural positions behind the lower abdominal wall, which was a revolutionary concept in 2003. It wasn't long before I understood the necessity of "breathing into the midriff - below breasts and above navel", as it is evidenced in our development as human females that the midriff is the leading edge of the abdominal wall.

That correction has already been made, which we will be announcing in a very few days.

My sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Christine

Hi Lucy,

Yours is a complicated case and one that we cannot easily comment upon.

The strip of polypropylene mesh suspending your urethra is proving to be problematic in a huge number of women. Many are choosing to have it removed (which is not always possible). There is an entire department at the University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center that is solely dedicated to removing transvaginal mesh from women.

Once you understand the importance of keeping your organs forward, the possibility exists of stabilizing your symptoms without use of a pessary.

You might be interested in Saving the Post-Hysterectomy Woman, which you can find in the WW store.

Wishing you well,

Christine

I'm willing to do the work just need to know what that all entails. I chose the play all option on the video so when I watched it all thought I saw it all lol. But I had to go back and choose the bonus section :) thank you all for your replied

Thank you all! Just practising the breathing into midriff. Can feel the difference. I'm so grateful to you Christine for your dedication and continued research into all this.