New Kegels and Cystocele

Body: 

Hello, I'm new to site and have been trying to perform the "new Kegels". I am post menopausal with no complaint of any pain upon having sex or any current UTI's. My question is do your abdominal muscles feel tightened up after doing the new Kegels? Mine feel tight after doing them. Am I doing these correctly? Also how many repetitions are you supposed to do as well as, how many time a day should you do these? I purchased the Whole Woman Fundamentals streaming video and it has been helpful. My doctor has said I have a cystocele but I have not checked to see what stage it is. I would presume to say a 2-3 stage. What other streaming video would be the next suggestion for me? Thank you so much for your input on this!

Hi northernmimi18,
I would suggest the First Aid for Prolapse next as it is a little more comprehensive than the Fundamentals and covers so much more. There is the description of whole woman posture which is really the most important factor here. You can do the new kegels all day, but if you are not practicing the posture, you are not really going to get anywhere with this work. The First Aid video also has an excellent exercise routine in it that will help you strengthen your body into the ww posture. I am still following this video 5 years later, just because it has so much to offer and is great for review.
The Whole Woman Solutions video delves even further into this work, and cover even more than just the basics, so it is really up to you what to go with. Just read the descriptions in the store, and if it clicks with you, go for it. Christine has come out with so many great products to choose from. Personally, I have read and seen all of them and they all have something to offer that is wonderful and insightful.
Best wishes.

Ho northernmimi - I agree wth AG that First Aid for Prolapse would be a good next purchase. The "new kegels" are simply pelvic rocks that are taken from the workout on that video. What is most critical with these movements is to follow the breathing pattern that Christine instructs. And WW posture, maintained during exercise and throughout the day, is the most important thing of all. - Surviving