Rectocele / Straining

Body: 

I'm not having a good day.

My constipation is awful I need to go and I can't. I'm to the point where I just want to sit on the toilet, ignore my rectocele, and strain for hours until I do.

Please everyone tell me that the straining is the stupidest thing I could do so I don't go and do it!

Hi Trouble Downstairs,
You already know what that kind of straining is going to do, so instead try some positive measures. Some of the things I learned to do here while I still had constipation are drinking some water, doing some jiggling and firebreathing before you go to the toilet, once there, if the traditional posture explained in Christine's work isn't helping things along, go into the Lopo position https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/node/2981 or a standing half squat(these positions will keep the pelvic organs more in the belly and you can give a little push). If nothing is coming, get up, move around, and try it again later.
Don't just strain on the toilet.
I have to ask at this point what you have been doing to help with your constipation since your last post? Are you still on the pain meds? Have you been working on your diet? Looking into the ww work? Serious dietary changes and the whole woman work can get you a long way in relieving constipation. It did for me!