New one with cystocele

Body: 

Hello, I'm new here, I am 38 years old and English is not my native language, so I'm sorry for mistakes. I am 10 months post partum, had some problem during very complicated birth (with 2 operations because of placenta). The cystocela appeared a few weeks after birth. For the last 2 months the condition is getting worse and I'm asking for advice, what to start with? Will you please advise me? I practise WW posture and Firebreathing and Nauli..Is this a good start? Thank you very much...

Hi Belly - this sounds like a great start to me. Just keep it up. Staying in the posture as much as possible throughout your waking hours, is the best thing you can do. After awhile, you won't have to think about it all the time, it will become habit.

It is very common for prolapse to appear, not immediately post partum, but a few weeks after. This is because it's not usually the birth itself that is the worst trigger, but rather, how we stand, sit and move afterwards during that period when our body is trying its best to heal properly. You still have a long way to go with your healing, and with conscious effort and care, you should expect good results. - Surviving

I'm also 38 and I came here with a cystocele that appeared a few weeks post partum too.
How are you coming along with the WW posture? how long have you been doing it? are you sure you're doing it correctly?
when you say things are getting worse, what symptoms are you having?
I ask because you should see some improvement/relief in your symptoms if you do the posture... it might take some time tho, so that's why I ask how long you've been doing it.
The main thing is to stay in posture as much as possible. it might work quickly, it might take months - but keep with it and let us know how it goes.

a

Thank you for your answer...I bought online video on Friday and I am learning WW posture all the time. Breathing to low belly is very difficult for me :-( and I have backache between shoulder beacause of scoliosis. My husband is checking my WW posture and my firebreathing and nauli during day.
I have had cystocele of 1st stage for 7 months and felt quite OK but now my baby is heavy and also I got my period and probably have 2nd stage. I feel the weight in vagina and have bigger bulk, it is the symptom. First I have been sitting on gym ball in WW posture for 2 days. Now I am walking for miles in WW posture, too. I practise firebreating and nauli around 6x per day (5 minutes each). Is it walking OK? In what possition is it better to sleep?
And what is your story? Is it your first baby? When did you see improvement and what is your daily routine? I wish I have second baby but I am afraid of cystocele. Thank you for your help.
I am from Europe and here everybody do Kegels.
Have a nice day

the search option on this site will be your friend for the foreseeable future :) I spend a lot of time reading and searching for things as they pop up in my mind.
Walking is great for prolapse.... sleeping positions - luckily those don't really seem to matter. Gravity isn't at work against our organs when we're sleeping so you can sleep any way you prefer.
So my cystocele appeared 4 weeks post partum (2nd very big kid who's 7 months old tomorrow). I found a rectocele a few weeks after that.
I haven't had much time to do the workouts that come with the videos but my routine really is just posture all the time. also change of clothes - i wear loose fitting clothing now. and I learned my lesson about wearing tighter jeans a little while ago - i was feeling pretty great and thought I could get away with it but my symptoms got worse.
Basically - i watch my diet, I walk, stand and sit in posture as much as possible, breathe from my diaphragm (so not really lower belly - more right under ribs - watch how your baby breathes and do that) I do some nauli and some firebreathing (can't really feel much while firebreathing tho) and i took some of the poses from the book and workouts that i remember and do those while I wash dishes, while riding in the elevator at work I'll stand on my toes, while standing around i'll 'plie' a few times... so nothing super crazy as far as workouts. I work full time and have the 2 little ones and it's STILL cold here so I'm not even walking as much as I used to... I used to walk miles each day.
remember to bend at your hips and keep lumbar curve in place... get down on all 4s and do some deep breathing and let everything fall forward.

I saw very quick improvement doing the posture.... a few weeks later my bladder was no longer peeking at the entrance anymore. and it hasn't been down there since.

You will find on these pages stories of women who have all gone on to have more babies so take comfort in that. I myself am on the fence about having a 3rd kid and much of the reason I'm on the fence is because of this condition. I think without POP (pelvic organ prolapse) I'm pretty sure I'd have a 3rd. i told myself to not think about more kids until at least year and a half/2 years passes. i'm running up against the clock here but i figure my personal deadline is something around 41 to have another baby... that leaves me some time still to see how well i can heal and/or learn to live with the condition before i decide if i want to risk it. so it's definitely possible to have more kids - prolapses tend to move out of the way for the birth and then they tend to come back. knowing about this posture now will set you up way better after your next birth.

whereabouts in europe are you from?