Newly diagnosed with rectocele

Body: 

I have recently been diagnosed with rectocele and it is ruining my life. I feel like my whole life revolves around my next bowel movement. I’m constantly afraid of the bulge I will feel if I need to push even the slightest bit. Sometimes it’s very uncomfortable and a bit painful. I am terrified to try to have sex. Even a tampon made me uncomfortable. I definitely do not want the surgery as it sounds awful. My doctor says it’s not that bad but to me it feels horrible. Anyone else dealing with this? How do I live life with this?

I have a pregnancy induced cystocele, gave birth 7 days ago vaginally and now I have a rectocele. I feel sad but I guess it is too early to lose hope, I am focussing my energy on my baby# first time mom at 34 years.

Hello ladies,
The Whole Woman work will help you to get over those feelings and lesson or even eliminate those nagging symptoms. It all starts with whole woman posture; once you learn that, you will be well on your way to a much better life.
Keep reading around the forum and this site, as it covers so much to get you started into this very important work.

Hi ladies,
I came here nearly 6 yrs ago with rectocele, hip concussion and other issues that have been resolved/manageable, after managing on my own for 17 yrs just knowing somehow that I didn't ever want surgery for any of it! I had one baby, then the rectocele appeared during my second pregnancy and I wasn't told what it was and had a third with no interference from the rectocele during any of those births...

Ladies, upon adopting the posture the first improvement I noticed was a dramatic increase in the strength of my upper legs which helped with using the toilet.
Sitting, standing and walking in the posture, which is ALL actually exercise, gives us torso strength that is helpful for the rest of our lives!
I did the posture for about 18mths before using Christine's Save Your Hips program to even out my body which was my biggest issue, so that my hips could heal, which they did ( this was more debilitating than rectocele or anything else at the time)...
Now I hardly notice my rectocele, if I stay in the posture and I am careful about what I eat. I have found that a diet based on grains and root vegetables and some fruit really helpful - everyone has different results with diet so that is an individual experiment.

In the early days of rectocele, (during the next 17 yrs I managed by myself) particularly in the months after giving birth and breastfeeding for more than a year with each child, my bowel movements could be wide and round which was distressing. I managed that with using a lubricant. I ate too much dry fibre like bran, and not enough fruit and veg to offset the animal products that I ate as well...later I added more fruit which helped more until things became unmanageable and I found Christine's holistic life - changing work...
Now with my diet the way it is, and I am strong enough to stand in a semi - squat when I go I have much more manageable bowel movements - I still at times have to have two attempts, however I rarely need to use lubricant anymore.
When in the posture all the abdominal organs have the space that they need to function properly. I believe that my uterus/ cervix can sit on my intestines if I am not careful with the posture. You ladies may be noticing downward pressure at times - I can fix that with tweaking the posture, jiggling and belly tossing, or fire breathing if I have been sitting for long periods of time, or I'm not perfect, slouching... I can run, stand for long periods of time with no back issues, sleep, walk, climb stairs, and drive hip and knee pain free, balance properly with inner ear balance as well and so much more, oh and learn how to dance... all due to WWP and later on the exercises as an adjunct....

I wish you ladies all the best in your Whole Woman journey, you have everything to gain from this experience...

much love,

Aussie Soul Sister

Thanks a lot, means a lot to me

It took you 18 months to feel better with your rectocele?
Did you have problem empty bowel movements?like all day on the toilet
The problem with this site is that there are no links, everything is messy, and when I sneak into the store I see a link to a book and a link to an old disk
I do not see all the links to the video you're talking about in the forum, I did not see a link related to the hips exercises, I wish there was an orderly guide that explains Where and what to purchase for any problem, it is so confusing and very unfortunate

Kalanit,
It isn't hard anymore to get around in that store. Lanny is changing it as we speak. You simply click the store button above, then click on the left hand yellow button for streaming, and all your choices are there. Click on the yellow button below the products "view course" to read more about them. The Save Your Hips video is right on the top row.

With all that said, if you don't even watch the video you have right now and learn posture, none of this is going to help you.

I have a rectocele too. My advice to you is to get started by watching the fundamentals which you already own. It is great information and will teach you the posture and how to use the toilet. It helped me immensely. If you want to add more later you can buy more later. The store is going through changes right now because they are changing some of their products. But in the time of transition I can say that I think the fundamentals course is perfect for getting started. You need to learn the posture and how to use the toilet the correct way. Fundamentals will teach you this.

Thanx