Cervical polyps and recommended for hysterectomy

Body: 

I just had my annual exam and was told I have 3 very small cervical polyps inside my uterus, at the opening. She suggested having them removed because they can turn bad (cancer). I asked if that's possible given I have a stage 3 prolapsed uterus. She said yes. She also said she recommends a hysterectomy because of my prolapse, so can just do that instead of only the polyps removal. She also said we can just monitor each year, but I WILL eventually need a hysterectomy. :(

Encouraging, yet HONEST words are needed right now. Thank you!

We don't give medical advice on the Forum, and we cannot tell you to go against your doctor's recommendations (that much is up to you). Your best bet would be to schedule a consultation with Christine, who has had some polyp experience herself, and who can better advise you on your options. That being said, I will say a few things.

To tell you that you WILL eventually need a hysterectomy, is a false, misleading and unethical statement from a doctor.

Uterine prolapse is a very bad reason for hyst. A woman needs her uterus throughout life, for all kinds of reasons, not the least of which is protection against heart disease after menopause. Removing a uterus because it it prolapsed only opens the door for other organs to prolapse into that space, and a host of other potential side effects that can come from removing the "hub of the wheel".

Women have no higher rates of reproductive cancer than men. But you will never see a man even being asked (much less consenting) to removal of his sexual organs because they might develop cancer later in life.

I believe every woman being prodded towards an elective hysterectomy should read Nora Coffey's "The H Word". - Surviving

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. :) My mom had a hysterectomy because of a prolapsed uterus and bleeding. Yes, I totally agree that surgery is very risky. I will read the other posts related to this as I forgot to search the topic prior to posting. Thanks again!

Christine actually talked about sitz bath with penny royal, but I believe she had an external polyp. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Here it is:
https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/node/2693

This is an older thread, and I would take surviving's advice and talk to Christine about the matter further before making any major decisions on the issue.