Hypopressives

Body: 

I keep hearing about success with this training. Has anyone tried this? Doesn't seem to be anyone that does this in the US that I can find.

Forum:

Christine's take on hypopressives:

https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/node/7652

Another thread where we have quite a discussion on this, as well as Christine's knowledge at the end:

https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/node/6870

Thank you!

I remember these threads from earlier and I forgot to ask at the time - how is nauli different to these hypoppressives?
I just want to understand that I'm doing nauli correctly - especially since I still can't figure out the rolling part, i just do a vaccuum and then lift and drop my stomach (like in the 2nd wheel exercises). I do them in the firebreathing position - leaning forward hands above knees
I don't do these often tho - I used to do them every morning but i've gotten lax....

I thought Christine explained it very well in this post:

https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/comment/52601#comment-52601

Go down to the 4th paragraph.
Vacuum style exercises are great, but hypopressives takes this to a whole other level.
And, I love nauli; once you learn it well, it is another great tool in the ww tool box of support.

thanks aging gracefully- I guess I was thinking of nauli being a type of hypoppressive (and I admit - I haven't looked at the hypoppressive exercises being demonstrated to see how they're different, I just read a description of them and thought hmmmmm that sounds kind of like how I do nauli. And then I thought maybe I've got nauli all wrong :)

You are not wrong in seeing the similarity to the vacuum style exercise. It's the extent that they carry it that makes it different, as well as a completely different philosophy from whole woman, especially when it comes to the intra-abdominal pressure. I watched and read enough of it before when these threads were posted to scare me away from it.

Do you have a question about nauli? I may have some insight for you as I do the firebreathing techniques quite regularly.

haven't had a lot of time to post/reply (work trip).
I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the rolling thing with nauli- i can drop and lift and that's about it.
and also position - do you do them standing or leaning forward? I tend to move around a bit until I feel stuff moving down below while i'm in 'lockdown' mode. so I'll do them in firebreathing position pretty much but straight backed, and I kinda stretch forward, slightly lift etc until I feel everything lifting inside.
speaking of firebreathing - in the book description I read that the only thing that moves in firebreathing is your stomach... yet in the video (fist aid for prolapse) I see that christine and co. round their backs on the exhale... is this correct? no lumbar curve, round your back to exhale?
i don't feel anything doing the firebreathing... I still do it tho - just in case - every once in a while throughout the day.

I do the nauli in the standing version that Christine shows us. It is done in a circular motion counter clockwise, bring the abdominal muscles up on the left, rotating to the back, down on the right, and then continues. Concentrate on the motion of your muscles as you do this, and eventually you will get the hang of it.
Sometimes people get a little confused by watching Christine doing the firebreathing in her videos, but remember, she is in a position that is protective of her pelvic organs. It is also a good idea to think of it as bringing your naval to your spine.
I could really feel the suction effect of firebreathing when I figured out how to do it. At first, after I would jiggle and did firebreathing, I would stand up and everything would just slump back down. It was a little disheartening, but I kept at it, and the posture helped bring on that lumbar curvature, so after time, things stayed after the firebreathing, for long periods of time.
So, as with all of this work, time, patience, and diligence do pay off.