Questions from First Aid for prolapse workout

Body: 

I have been doing the work out daily in addition to my posture walks. I’m three days into this and I’m getting stronger. The work out isn’t wimpy! And I have some clear weaknesses! I’m so grateful to have this straight forward work out to my avail, and The explanations and guidance given throughout are very reassuring and helpful.

I have shortened hamstrings and calf muscles. When I do the floor work with legs straight out I can’t get much of a lumbar curve unless I bend my knees some. Same with the pelvic rocks she does with legs straight out. Is it ok to bend my knees some or is it better not to, even if my lumbar curve is flattened some?

I ultimately hope to get more length along the back of my legs.

Also, the exercise where Christine is sitting in the chair and raising her bent knees up with a pillow between them, that is tough! The only straight back chair I have in the house still have a bit of backward tilt to the seat and to the chair back (WHY?!!!) and I usually sit all the way forward in it OR I put a wedge in it to tip me forward a bit. I’m finding when I do this exercise that I am still a bit weak and am pulling myself backward just a bit. Will this work itself out while I progress in strength? Am I undoing my pelvic support at all if I end up straining back just a bit?

I have to say, as with all the work outs, I’m so impressed with what good shape Christine is in! I’m totally going to do this thing! Thank you for reading, ladies.

Forum:

This is a pretty common problem, especially at the beginning - holding lumbar curvature while floor-sitting. I'd say the bent knees are OK when needed, but keep working on it, and use a cushion under your butt to help leverage a little more curvature where you want it. Same can be said of the chair problem. - Surviving