25 with pelvic organ prolapse

Body: 

Hello everyone I am ChevyGoal and I am 25 years old. I have no history of pregnancy but do have chronic constipation since I was a child. I was recently diagnosed with stage 2 prolapses of my uterus, bladder and rectum. Every time I walk I have pressure and pain in my bladder. I am wondering what I can do to relieve the pressure on my bladder, other than sitting and lying down. I also have another prolapse question that I cannot seem to figure out. I have been having trouble emptying my rectum. If I don’t completely empty during a bowel movement, my bladder will feel like it is on fire. Does anyone know what that is? When I do fully empty my bladder feels a lot better. I also have one other question, tmi warning. In order to fully evacuate I have to splint but not through my vagina because my vagina is being blocked by my cervix during a bowel movement. I then have to stick a gloved finger into my rectum and push on a lump that is right about the first internal sphincter in my rectum. The lump will come lower into the rectum the harder I push. The way that I fully evacuate is by pushing this lump back toward my vagina and then the stool will move and come out. Does anyone know what this lump is? I feel like it’s my rectocele but it’s not facing the right way if that makes sense, since the lump in decending into the rectum. Any help is appreciated. I just don’t want to feel all the pain and pressure in my bladder.

Hello and welcome, ChevyGoal,

It seems to be true that women who birth vaginally tend to develop “garden variety” vaginal prolapse - usually cystocele/rectocele with the cervix held above.

Our women who are very young or who have never given birth often have problems in the back passage - rectocele, uterine prolapse, or rectal prolapse.

Of course I have no way of knowing, but it certainly sounds like you are describing anorectal prolapse in addition to uterine prolapse. The bladder is connected to the uterus at the level of the cervix, so of course it is being pulled toward the back as well.

There really is only one reasonable thing to be done, and that is to move your organs forward naturally, which we do with the WW work. Your pelvic organs have not fallen down, they’ve been blown back from their normal positions at the front of the body.

First Aid for Prolapse is our most comprehensive program, and we are working to finish another module to that course, which includes several additional exercises. The addition will be automatically added to all purchased FAFP courses.

The WWYoga series would also be a good place to start, or at least WW Fundamentals to get you on your WW way. WW Fundamentals will show you how and why you must change your toilet habits now.

There is no surgical cure for this, and you certainly don’t want to let the condition progress to a point where the rectal lining bulges out like a tennis ball - or worse.

You are quite young for such severe symptoms and one has to wonder about the health of your connective tissue. A very good, anti-inflammatory diet is one of the pillars of this work.

Please know all the symptoms you describe are extremely common and can be successfully alleviated, probably in a relatively short period of time in someone your age. However, only you can do the work of understanding the problem, and then working toward resolution.

Wishing you well!

Christine