prolapse cystocele

Body: 

Hi everybody, I have recently joined and so pleased I have as there seems to be a wealth of information.I was recently diagnosed by my consultant that I have cystocele grade 1/2 and the anterior cervical lip is very prominent and he told me to carry on with my kegels(I don't think they help) but it is very likely I will need an operation. However, I don't want to and looking for ways to improve my prolapse and have come across the whole woman website. I recently bought the basic streaming video on the posture and tolieting which I am trying to use all the time now. Could someone recommend any other videos to help. I have recently had a breast cyst removed and feel I have another and believe this all part of my hormones changing and things weakening in the vaginal area. as well. I am 48 years old and have had 3 three children the first one was caesarean, and quite close together and they were all on the big side! It has been a difficult month as it has been quite painful and i am not used to having to rest so much I would appreciate any advice. Thank you

Hi Sussexgirl and welcome to Whole Woman! Yes, I would stop the kegels immediately....they really just aggravate prolapse because they are pulling the organs the wrong way. Christine has written more than one article on this topic, which you can find in the Blog using the search feature. I myself kegeled for years and I can attest, that is not the answer. If it were, I think prolapse would have been wiped off the planet by now!

What is the source of your pain? Rest is important for whatever you have going on, but prolapse is really being managed when we are on our feet. So, rest and recover as best you can, but for your prolapse, it's all about the posture.

There is a good sale going on at the moment, so it would be a great time to grab the First Aid for Prolapse course, which will go into things in more depth. And keep reading on the site, forum, and blog - following and contributing to the forum is a great way to keep this from feeling like a lonely journey. Because it shouldn't be.....most of us end up with prolapse. Not everyone is so fortunate as to have found their way here! - Surviving

Hi surviving 60, thank you so much for replying to me with some great advice. I bought the 1st aid and exercise bundle and looking forward to introducing the exercises into my life! But I appreciate it’s about the posture throughout the day. I have to say that I have been trying to incorporate into yesterday and today and feel already the benefits! I’m very thankful to have come across the whole woman site and thankful to Christine for making it available. I’m looking forward to this journey! thanks again .

There is a local beginner ballet class that has mostly senior women in it. Would this help me with the posture? I've never taken ballet, and the instructions in the book are hard to follow by reading-while-doing.

Hi Blue_Sky,
The trouble with traditional ballet classes is that they may have you sucking in your tummy and doing a different kind of posture other than whole woman. If you are able to do this class holding proper ww posture and following all the whole woman principles, then I say go for it. Proceed with caution, especially if you are new to the posture and don't have all the aspects down.
I would also suggest doing Christine's ballet style exercises which are included in the exercise bundle. I always found following along with Christine and the other ladies with her very helpful.

Hi
I was just diagnosed with a cystocele between 1 and 2. This occurred just less than one week after pushing to go to the bathroom for a long while. While my muscles may have bee weakening due to g.i. issues for a year, it bulged now.
My question, while keels may not strengthen the right muscles for this, I find doing so while standing keeps the bladder lifted. So my question is, is it the pelvic tilt with the keels that are really the problem?
Also, I just got a pessary, and wow, scary for me putting in and out. Did it only once. Lastly, has anyone had the surgery using native tissue, that is our own tissue to lift and anchor?
Thank u, new here!

Hi msfit and welcome. A grade 1 or grade 2 cystocele is extremely manageable with the Whole Woman postural work. Surgery is a ridiculous suggestion, and pessaries really aren't needed and can just do more damage in the long run. Kegels just pull the organs into the vagina, instead of getting them out of that space. Ask me.....I did them religiously for many many years, and ended up with cystocele and rectocele.

I am going to direct you back to the Whole Woman home page, where you will find a good little video that will introduce you to our mission here. Click on the tab that is all the way up at the top left of this page. - Surviving