Is sitting this way WW approved?

Body: 

I've found that when I'm working (office job) I want to shift positions as the hours go by (as well as get up every hour or so!)
but I find myself falling into this sitting position often and I *hope hope hope* this position is ww approved.
I want to say that my pelvis is tilted forward, i'm not sitting back on my tailbone, lumbar curve is in place and chest stays lifted... so far so good.
but i'll try to describe it - i sit with my right leg down, foot on the floor or heel hooked onto the bottom part of the office chair, toe pointed into the floor.
my left leg is basically sitting indian style on the chair. my left heel is basically in my crotch, left foot running along my right thigh. the outer part of my left leg is laying on the chair, left knee sticking out over nothing.

for some reason - this has become my default position when i'm concentrating or working on something. does anyone see any red flags with this position? if anyone even understands my description lol...

the main issue maybe is that more of my weight seems to be on my left butt cheek than my right. (incidentally - my left hip is my clicking hip, my left shoulder blade is my clicking shoulder blade)
thanks!

Forum:

I had a clicking right hip and shoulder pain going into whole woman which is all but gone for the most part now, so if you are feeling any pain or stiffness, or any other symptoms from sitting this way, then maybe it is not the right thing to do. We all have to do our own experimenting to find the most comfortable ways to maneuver through our day as best we can.
I really wouldn't know the long term affect of sitting in this position, but wonder if you gave both sides equal time, maybe it would balance you out? Not really sure on it.
Maybe someone else will come along with more ideas.

I wasn't seeing anything particularly troublesome about this position...it seemed comfortable enough and had some good hip turnout going on.........until I got to the part about the weight being unevenly distributed and the clicking hip thing. Is that the reason that you are favoring that side and not giving equal time to the other? We aren't in a position to give the WW stamp of approval, I think only Christine could do that, if she should happen to see this post. Or may Aussie Soul Sis who is our hip guru. - Surviving

Hi Typicalme,
I realized that I had been sitting on my right side of my bottom for probably decades. I also stopped putting my small purse in my right back jean pocket as I realized sitting on it was causing back issues and affecting my hips or both.
I used to often stand with my weight on one leg a lot as well. My dear Mum pointed it out to me as I was unaware...
Modern lifestyle basically puts the body in a shortened, curved, contracted shape, along with the "ideal" modern posture and constantly trying to have a flat stomach, so chest breathing and living in tension most of the time occurs...

Our body has to be approached as a whole... that is what is so good about Christine's approach as it is holistic, and the fundamental is keeping the posture as much as possible during our waking hours...

Each side of the body is compensating for the other so if there is any unevenness the whole body protests eventually...
I always now try to sit evenly and symmetrically.I will say that my old habits over the years, especially while sitting here need correcting, however I do it automatically now just like the tweaking of the steering wheel while driving.
There are some things I adjust around me and the rest I minimize exposure to and quietly refuse to do any bodily movements or posture adjustments that most people believe in...
However sitting unevenly as much as I can avoid, I would, and it is sometimes a constant adjustment especially if I am tired or distracted, but I wouldn't have it any other way...You are contorting your body, and it is telling you!
Considering where I was six years ago, compared to the healing journey with WW.....

Christine's approach invites us to go inward, get to know and commune and work with our body in a way that becomes spiritual. Holding some awareness, and aliveness in our body while doing whatever we are doing, adjusting as we go if necessary, is restoring the natural shape and connection most of us have unconsciously forgotten...

All the best,
Aussie Soul Sister

Thank you typical me
Your question has clarified my doubts as well I do the same with my left leg down because it gets tired very soon after sitting in Indian style for 5 minutes.
Pianist

thanks so much ladies! always such insightful responses...
And maybe I put that wrong, I didn't necessarily mean ww approved as much as ww compliant as far as anyone can tell :)

I don't have any pain at all in my clicking hip, or my clicking shoulder, but it's something I notice on my left side....if i roll my shoulder, it clicks... if i raise my leg it clicks.... it's the side i sit my heavy son on my hip... the leg i cross when i sit (before I uncross it because I don't sit that way anymore!), i'm mostly left handed so maybe this is why - but I am finding all these patterns of being off kilter....
things I never would've looked at before finding this site... everything so connected - truly whole woman indeed...
I will aim to sit symmetrically no matter what else i end up doing... and standing too.

I am wondering if when you sit in ww posture, if you sit way back in your chair and don't slouch on top,, keep chest lifted, if the lumbar curve would still be in place like Christine says while standing? if anyone could help me on this i'm confused...
thank you...

You can tell if your lumbar curve is in place while sitting......if your lower back is rounded, then you need a different chair or a different position. A cushion for support of the lower back can help, but only as a reminder for yourself - you can't simply push yourself into correct posture with a cushion. But it helps. - Surviving