Sitting

Body: 

Hello, I would like to ask you to confirm me that if I stand up from a chair ( from toilet, etc.) I have to lean forward and after that stand up? Same when I sit down? I overlooked somewhere the information. I still try to avoid obtuse and acute angles.
Thank you very much for help.

Hi Belly - Obtuse angles (greater than 90 degrees) are the ones you want to avoid, because there is no support for the pelvic organs. Acute angles (less than 90 degrees) are protective because they pin the organs in place. So if you can maintain an acute angle when you are rising from a sitting position, you will be fine. Depending on the chair, you may want to roll just a bit to one side while doing this....at least that's what I've found. - Surviving

One of my biggest 'fear areas' was standing up from sitting - especially since very often, I had (have) a babe in my arms. I felt that gravity was working extra hard against me as I stood up so I started leaning forward - but remember to keep your lumbar curve in place. It's easy to curve your back as you lean forward.
Also, the rolling to one side - that's a good tip too - thanks surviving. I think I do this when I get out of bed in the mornings now that I think about it...
I have found tho that the more i live in posture, the less pressure i'm feeling however way I stand up...

How does one sit in a car (I'm in one several hours each day) or on a plane or in a restaurant chair? I've gotten the First Aid video but am confused on these.

Member has reposted her question here:
https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/node/7860