Distressed Over Prolapse

Body: 

Hi, I’m 20 years old and since 2014 I’ve had some sort of prolapse. It wasn’t til recently with a visit to a doctor that I was told my cervix dropped. It’s a stage 2 and I feel a lot of pain when I try and insert anything there. I’m very afraid at the thought of sex with this causing me such pain and I’m hoping by going through the first aid modules I could improve to a stage 1 or less prominent stage. Any advice on how to go about this would be very welcomed. Thank you.

that is a good start... the first aid for prolapse.. will help you alot... also if you are able, I found Christines book real helpful.. Saving the whole woman. It is out of print but you can find it on either Amazon or Ebay. Also the First Wheel DVD and the Third Wheel DVD are really good and demo firebreathing and woking to make you feet stronger and Christine demo walking and running. I found the DVD's on either Amazon or Ebay.. I can't remember. If you perfer streaming they are also in the whole woman store. I just like the DVD format.because I am old school lol... Don't lose heart... also of women on this forum have testimony how the whole women process changed the stage of their prolapse.. but since it's always moving it is a lifetime commitment to do the work. Victory

Hi Acecter and welcome,
I think we may need a little more information in your case. Pain is not usually associated with prolapse, so I am wondering why you are having pain trying to insert anything in your vagina. Since you are so young, it could be a hormonal situation and vaginal dryness, but that is usually a postpartum issue. Have you had baby recently?
Sex is actually one of the best things for prolapse, but not if you are having problems with vaginal dryness, or possibly some other condition not related to prolapse.

Hi Acecter - First I want to comment on Christine's materials. I agree with Victory Ahead that the book is a great resource if you can get your hands on one (be sure it's the 2nd edition with the blue cover). I regret that the e-book version is not still available in our Store here, while the book itself is being updated. That being said, if you have the First Aid for Prolapse streaming product, you have what you need.

Second, I agree with Aging Gracefully that pain is not usually an element of a garden-variety prolapse. Though, I can remember sometimes having pain in the later years of my menstrual cycle, trying to insert a tampon when my wayward organs were already getting in the way. So, the key is going to be, get them back into proper alignment as much as you can.

We don't put much significance on stages or grades of prolapse here.....because the organs are always moving around. Different days/times of day/doctors will give you completely different diagnoses sometimes.

I'm assuming you haven't had a baby, because you don't mention it. It's not unheard-of for someone your age to have a prolapse developing, because the causes and contributors are many. Bad posture where you habitually pull in your tummy, tuck your butt and throw your shoulders back is the biggest cause. This reverses natural breathing and blows the organs back into the vagina. Habitual straining on the toilet, chronic hard coughing, and most especially, hard exercise which stresses six-pack abs and abdominal "core" strength - these are all serious contributors to the loss of pelvic organ support.

Keep us posted on your progress! - Surviving

I’ve never had sex before so no baby or pregnancy. I’ve have a history of constipation and recently was told I had IBS. I’m not sure if that’s the reason for pain or a hormonal thing because I haven’t experienced dryness. I’m hoping that by going through the modules I could see a change in my prolapse position (straight down, a little to the back wall). Attempting to go around it is impossible. So that’s why I’m worried about the whole sex thing. Thank you for your replies!

Hi Acecter,
So were you using tampons before this? Our pelvic organs usually move out of the way when inserting anything into the vagina, so wondering if you were able to use them before finding prolapse.
The issue I had with them is that my prolapse kept pushing them out.

I’ve never used tampons, but as of now anything inserted just causes me pain and falls out(like squeezed out even when I relax). So I’m not sure when I read ‘it moves to the side’, I am able to push it to the side temporarily but it goes back to the original position afterwards. I’ll try all things recommended in the modules to attempt to try and make it go up. I feel like if I work on my pelvic floor it should resolve that part of the problem. Thanks for the reply!

Yes, the prolapse does come back after pushing on it; that is why the ww work is so important. With posture and breathing, the pelvic organs are being pulled into the lower belly and out of the vaginal space.
With you being as young as you are, you should have much success in reversing your prolapse.
This work is for a lifetime, so you are actually starting it at a great time.
Best wishes to you.

I gather that you have the First Aid for Prolapse course. You've made several references to doing the things discussed in the modules. It is all about POSTURE and I hope you have picked up on that! It's simple and basic, so don't complicate it for yourself. Work on this posture correction and the rest will start falling into place. There are indeed many tools and tips in the modules.....all with the goal of correcting the posture to restore pelvic organ support. - Surviving