New to Group

Body: 

Hi. So, I am in the throes of menopause and was diagnosed with Stage 2 POP. Started with a PT and have been soooo good with kegels when all of a sudden, something has bulged out of my vagina. So, now I am going to make an appointment with the doctor to discuss a pessary. I am sooooo confused. I thought kegels were supposed to help and there are so many people out there that say it has stopped the progression. Then, I read here not to do them. It is so confusing. I am in my late 4os and trying to live a normal life. I really just want to be normal again. Thanks for this forum!

Hi momofgirls and welcome to Whole Woman. Doctors and especially PTs push kegels because they don't have much else to offer. The concept is faulty, and Christine has written several articles explaining why they just aggravate prolapse by pulling the organs INTO the vaginal space. I and many others have discovered this through our own experience, and now you have too, so, stop before you make things worse. You can go to the blog tab and search on kegels to find these articles.

Pessaries can be extremely tricky to fit, and many women can't use them. Some doctors expect you to leave them in for long periods of time and come back in for cleaning and reinsertion periodically. Don't fall for this.....learn to take it out nightly and let the organs breathe. Better yet.....don't even go there. Pessaries are another potential aggravator of prolapse, especially rectocele. If you have rectocele, you probably aren't even a candidate. If you don't, and you want to try and keep it that way, consider not pursuing this solution, which really isn't a solution at all.

Please take a moment to go to the Home page of the WW site (all the way at the top left of this screen) and watch the video there, which gives an overview of the Whole Woman postural approach. - Surviving

moved to hysterectomy forum

Hi skyway and welcome,
The skin you are feeling your prolapse through is part of your vaginal wall. When the bladder or rectum prolapse, they are on the other side of the vaginal wall, while the uterus prolapses directly into the vagina. Some women do get chafing or soreness on the bulge, so some coconut oil, olive oil, or barrier cream can help, but daily application of raw local honey high up into the vagina is healing and creates the best environment for the vagina.
Since you are post hysterectomy, you are going to want to take this work slowly and cautiously, and you may want to check out Christine's post hysterectomy course in the store:
https://whole-woman.thinkific.com/courses/saving-the-post-hysterectomy-w...

The best thing would have been to start your own discussion, choosing "hysterectomy forum" for best placement of your post (rather than tack your comments onto another member's discussion thread). But no harm done, since all comments are seen and answered. - Surviving

So, this is my thought with the pessary issue. My husband doesn't want to have sex if something is there blocking his way. So, I thought it would help with our intimacy. We are only in our 40s! Is there a natural way to get it moved out of the way?

Move what out of the way, the pessary? I think some of the ladies have had a pessary in during sex with success while others just had troubles.
If you are talking about moving our pelvic organs out of the way, the penis is actually one the best tools for that, and hubbies don't notice anything different.

I have recently started the First Aid for Prolapse program. I have stopped doing Kegels, but find I need to get up frequently in the night to urinate (two to four times) If I don't wake up in time and have a full bladder, then I have some leakage before I make it to the bathroom. As a result I have been wearing a panty liner at night. I don't have this problem during the day and can usually hold it for a longer time. Is this a common problem for uterus prolapse? Is there anything I can do to get a better sleep other than reduce my liquids during the day?

Hi. Silly question, but it appears that I cannot find the new comment bar where I can add a comment that is not already part of another comment but is a new topic. I only see the "Add New Comment" bar now at the bottom of an already started thread. Is this a glitch? Or am I looking in the wrong spot?

Navigation / Create Content / Forum Topic

After bouncing on a trampoline, I was diagnosed with a rectocele, cystocele and prolapse of the uterus almost a year ago at age 53. I knew something didn't feel right but had no idea that I would be diagnosed with 3 prolapses. The worst oneis the rectocele which was at stage 1-2. I was advised that it will get worse and that surgery will be the answer in the end and maybe even a hysterectomy. I feel (at the moment) relatively fit and healthy and like to go for walks when I can but have given up doing certain yoga poses! I have good days and bad days and the bad days usually follow me having looked after my 2 young grand-children and I hate the fact that I'm not supposed to lift them. When I was diagnosed I told my daughter-in-law and she was so grateful that I had told her as, like me, she wasn't aware that this could happen to her. I try to have a positive outlook and at the moment don't feel too bad. I am however concerned that as I get older things will get worse and I live in absolute dread of something popping out! I really want to avoid surgery. I have read some of the topics in the forum and people refer to fire breathing. I don't have a clue what that is and would love some advice on this and any other things I can do to help myself. I also feel angry some days because no one ever told me that this could happen to me. Why isn't this taught in schools as part of health education!!!

Hi snowwhite and welcome. If you have been poking around the forum, you have probably found many references to posture. Firebreathing is a useful tool, but it is the Whole Woman posture that is the key to stabilizing the position of the organs. With the fundamentals of posture and other tools that Christine Kent has developed, you can do pretty much anything you want (including jumping, including lifting those grandkiddies). Please spend a little more time looking around the website, blog and forum. Go all the way up to the Home tab on the very top left of this page, and watch the short video overview that you find there. Then, for more detail, watch this one:

https://wholewoman.com/newpages/video/ww101.html

Christine tells the story better than anyone can. Read, watch, and then come back with your questions. - Surviving