the bleeding edge

Body: 

Just saw a great documentary last night - if anyone has Netflix, it's available on there.
It's basically about how corrupt the medical device industry is - the majority of the documentary is about Essure, pelvic mesh and hip replacements (although they focus only on how bad the metal on metal artificial hip is vs how bad any artificial hip can be).
granted - they don't offer solutions or alternatives to surgery - other than 'do your research' but it's definitely a great look at why one should look for alternatives where possible and not to trust anyone with your body just because they're doctors and we think they know best... also at how long lasting the damage can be and how far reaching consequences are (things you'd think weren't connected to the device can be a side effects).
It's very eye opening how these things are allowed to come to market... and how corrupt the industry is. especially when they mention that the mesh costs about $2 but is sold for around $2000.

Another voice to add to Christine's about what she's been talking about for so long...

I've seen this site labeled as 'anti surgery' as if we were anti surgery here just to be difficult... if the surgeries worked, were safe and effective, no one would be against them... but the fact is, they aren't. and it's taken a really long time for people to realize how and why.
I came here because I was so afraid of surgery... I thought I was bound to have it sooner or later and I instinctively didn't want it - hoped I could live without it - was hoping against hope that there was some way to avoid it... and I'm so glad this site is here and I'll be forever grateful to Christine.

I noticed this documentary but have not watched it, yet. Not sure I want to know that things are even more messed up than I may have thought! And from what you say, they tend to miss the point in a lot of cases.....not going far enough and not getting into what's REALLY wrong with this picture. I'll check it out. - Surviving

I watched it, great documentary

I just "knew" like you that I didn't want surgery and found Christine's work
17yrs later,and like you am eternally grateful for her natural holistic approach.

Aussie Soul Sister